Author Topic: Shelby Hertz May 9, 2022  (Read 3459 times)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Shelby Hertz May 9, 2022
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2022, 03:24:55 PM »
No helmet or roll bars required.  So who will be the first with track time? 8)

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2022, 06:44:38 PM »
Don, let's all get together and rent them all at once, for the ultimate Shelby Showdown at Willow Springs or other fun road course. 

I wonder if there's an extra return charge for bald tires and fried brakes?
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2022, 06:56:44 PM »
Hmmm, rental locations do not seem to be anywhere near event locations like Indy or where NorCal likes to play.  A bit suspicious.  ::)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2022, 01:26:17 PM »
Don, let's all get together and rent them all at once, for the ultimate Shelby Showdown at Willow Springs or other fun road course. 

I wonder what they'll say when you show up with a trailer so you can save the mileage fee on the way to the track. Don't forget the tinfoil to blind the GPS antenna. I wonder if they'll scan the OBDII on return to check the top speed.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2022, 01:55:10 PM »

I wonder what they'll say when you show up with a trailer so you can save the mileage fee on the way to the track. Don't forget the tinfoil to blind the GPS antenna. I wonder if they'll scan the OBDII on return to check the top speed.

Big brother IS watching. Im confidant when you rent this car, there will be disclosures on racing/abuse/speeding, etc. By signing the contract, your on the hook for any damages, and possible fines, etc. When I rented a car for a trip to Texas last year, I unknowingly drove on a toll road. Later, at home two weeks later I received a 'ticket' for 16 bucks. IF I did not pay it, my Nevada drivers license would be compromised. Of course I paid it. Lesson learned.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2022, 02:20:22 PM »

Hertz  had a checklist for the 06 07 16s that was pretty thorough.  Renting this 900 HP beast I assure you that this list will be extensive
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2022, 02:21:05 PM »

OBD not your  friend

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2022, 02:22:42 PM »

Big brother IS watching. Im confidant when you rent this car, there will be disclosures on racing/abuse/speeding, etc. By signing the contract, your on the hook for any damages, and possible fines, etc. When I rented a car for a trip to Texas last year, I unknowingly drove on a toll road. Later, at home two weeks later I received a 'ticket' for 16 bucks. IF I did not pay it, my Nevada drivers license would be compromised. Of course I paid it. Lesson learned.

You will be driving with an invisible guest monitoring you at all times

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2022, 03:22:23 PM »
Remember, Ford's SYNC is a monitoring system too. IF you go in for service, and your SYNC tells the dealer you were racing, speeding, etc guess what happens? Warranty VOID.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2022, 06:22:46 PM »
So what is joy of paying to drive a 900 HP vehicle unless it is for show(off) and not go?    If you were thinking of spending a $1/4 mil to get the 2022 Shelby KR with the same Shelby design and power, this would be the best investment in full use test drive before purchase.  Not a fun deal for a rental but you can say you always say that you did drive a 900 HP car though you never were able to review its capabilities. 8)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2022, 06:21:05 PM »
So what is joy of paying to drive a 900 HP vehicle unless it is for show(off) and not go?    If you were thinking of spending a $1/4 mil to get the 2022 Shelby KR with the same Shelby design and power, this would be the best investment in full use test drive before purchase.  Not a fun deal for a rental but you can say you always say that you did drive a 900 HP car though you never were able to review its capabilities. 8)

I would rent it for 399 a day, put it on a trailer and take it to car shows, showing everyone that I have the self control not to drive it.....not !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2022, 07:10:28 PM »
Just noticed that the 450 HP HERTZ hood's are much different than the SIXT Shelby hood's

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2022, 07:27:05 PM »
The GT500H hood is completely unique to the others

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2022, 09:49:13 PM »
GT500H hood looks like the same used on the Shelby (American) Signature Edition GT500SE. 8)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2022, 05:15:37 PM »
Simply lovely

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy