News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

2022 Maverick Shelby by Foose

Started by Harris Speedster, May 06, 2022, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris Speedster

Guys,
I must say that I admire and like what Foose did to the maverick.
He stated that beings Ford was more or less discontinuing a basic car body platform besides the Mustang, he wanted to design the future.
At the very end he adds FORD on the rocker like a GT 40 had, and that my friends did it for me.
The body kit/panels, hood and bumper treatment, are just pure racy looking, low and mean.
If he made kits like this, probably half of the 100,000 units on back order would buy them.
Enjoy the video he made >>> and you guys be the Judges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPMHJEueYkw

Respectfully,
john
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

98SVT - was 06GT

NOPE - too hot wheels looking

Video is typical of the pitches sent to Ford to get a free car to design/build for SEMA. I wonder if they will have as many at CES and what the pitch will be - it's not a performance crowd. They will be looking for bigger dash screens and phone app integration.

I threatened to buy one for the wife and adapt an early Maverick Grabber hood with the scoops to it. She wasn't even interested when I told her I'd paint it Grabber Blue just like hers was. She hated her Maverick - her parents took her to buy her first new car. They went for a Mustang but the salesman talked them into how much better a Maverick would be for a young girl in high school.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

corbins

98SVT - was 06GT

The Grabber had it's own unique hood when introduced in 1971. By the end of the run it was nothing more than a set of tape stripes.

mark p

I'm surprised to see him sketching in Pen?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: mark p on May 06, 2022, 10:54:43 PM
I'm surprised to see him sketching in Pen?
He generally does his first sketch in pencil and when it's done he uses a pen and thin paper to trace his drawing to do mods on. That way he can do many similar drawings. I have a friend whose husband was one of the camera guys on Overhauling. They'd all go to lunch often and she's got a bunch of his doodlings on napkins. He's always drawing stuff.