News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

current wherabouts of 6s749

Started by poboy427, January 30, 2022, 04:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poboy427

6S749 belonged to a very good friend of mine that passed 7/5/2019. Last I knew a dealer had it in Reno for sale. No longer listed so it must have a new home. When listed and probably sold it was grn/white stripes with Webers. Just like to know where it is for sentimental reasons. Originally red with white stripes and may someday go back red perhaps.

Ray
6S554 Family owed since May 15,1974. Confirmed original alum T-10 4spd, MICO,

SPF 0373 Cobra S/C, Shelby alum 488 stroker FE Tunnel Port, TKO

Bob Gaines

Quote from: poboy427 on January 30, 2022, 04:42:29 PM
6S749 belonged to a very good friend of mine that passed 7/5/2019. Last I knew a dealer had it in Reno for sale. No longer listed so it must have a new home. When listed and probably sold it was grn/white stripes with Webers. Just like to know where it is for sentimental reasons. Originally red with white stripes and may someday go back red perhaps.

Ray
Do you know any details about the dealer in Reno?I only know one there.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

There is a dealer that at one point used Ebay allot and always seemed to use the same location for pictures. I don't remember any ads for this particular car but guess you could identify a possible dealer and simply call. Doesn't cost anything to try
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

427hunter

6S749 was sold by "Cool Classic's" at their Las Vegas location, it was very cool in green and had a great day two look!
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427hunter on January 30, 2022, 10:44:21 PM
6S749 was sold by "Cool Classic's" at their Las Vegas location, it was very cool in green and had a great day two look!
That leaves the one I was thinking of in Reno out.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

poboy427

I know Bob-oldcanuck, on this forum, was asking questions about the car when it was in Reno around May 2021 but did not make a deal. I also understand Cool Classics has a store in Vegas too. Thanks for the kind responses.

Ray

427hunter

Quote from: poboy427 on January 30, 2022, 11:06:40 PM
I know Bob-oldcanuck on this forum was looking hard at the car in Reno around May 2021 but did not make a deal. I also understand Cool Classics has a store in Vegas too. Thanks for the kind responses.

Ray

Are you going to try to track it down for purchase ?
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

poboy427

Not interested in buying 749. Certainly would if I was younger but I already have
6s554. I have known that car since '78 and my deceased dear friend is very much missed, as well as his car. Hope to some day see both again.

Ray

98SVT - was 06GT

Check with the registrar. He may have the current owner contact info. He won't give it to you but he might be able to forward a message to the owner on your behalf. Owners are always happy to learn more about the history of their cars.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

oldcanuck

I think I was second on the list..... but it never got to me.

I was of the opinion it was a decent example that could easily been brought back to somewhat original configuration.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

6s2055

Cool Classics in Las Vegas did have the car. The had at one time a Reno warehouse and think they transferred their cars to Vegas.

6s2055

Also, believe it was listed for $145,000. That was a little over a year ago.