Author Topic: Stance for 66 Shelby  (Read 1184 times)

hertz350

• 509-953-8400
    • View Profile
Stance for 66 Shelby
« on: May 13, 2022, 09:21:07 AM »
Looking for measurements from the pinch weld to the ground in front and at the rear of the rocker. Wanting to verify factory assembled ride height with stock wheels. I do recognize that the vehicles did not leave the factory with a full tank of gas which will effect ride height. Really looking to see if there is any difference from front to rear.
Own SFM6S1624, Black Hertz Automatic built 3/66 now concours trailered restored by Ken Degenstein. Former owner of 1042 a red Hertz automatic and 1643 a black automatic Hertz

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Stance for 66 Shelby
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 10:00:07 AM »
Looking for measurements from the pinch weld to the ground in front and at the rear of the rocker. Wanting to verify factory assembled ride height with stock wheels. I do recognize that the vehicles did not leave the factory with a full tank of gas which will effect ride height. Really looking to see if there is any difference from front to rear.
Basic measurements are in the body or chassis book of the assemblyline manual set and or the 66 shop manual. I am almost certain you have them and just overlooked the info this time. Slight variation because of different tire diameters used on multiple models. Yes the front is slightly higher compared to the back on a later 66 GT350 that does not have the upper control arm mod . It is very prudent that any 66 GT350 owner who needs information on their car should have these . They save time and aggravation.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

hertz350

• 509-953-8400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 11:18:48 AM »
Thank you, Bob. I will study the manuals.
Own SFM6S1624, Black Hertz Automatic built 3/66 now concours trailered restored by Ken Degenstein. Former owner of 1042 a red Hertz automatic and 1643 a black automatic Hertz

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 04:18:41 PM »
Here is the ride height information taken from the Ford TSB's as shown below. Hope it helps. Reposted from CMF
All you have to do is adjust the measurements for the diameter for the bluestreaks if you want to get exact.

As you can see the rear measurement is slightly lower than the front as mentioned above but not greatly

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 04:25:13 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 02:04:45 AM »
Thanks Jeff
6S373
6S1276