News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

66 GT350 Window Stickers

Started by s2ms, May 15, 2022, 08:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

I'm in the process of researching 66 GT350 window stickers, AKA Monroney label, and so far I've identified 3 different versions used throughout 66 production based on known original stickers, basically an early, mid, and late version as shown in the image below. As you can see there is still a big gap between the early-mid versions. Thanks to everyone's help the mid-late version gap is almost gone!

Early version: so far only seen in carryover stickers
Middle version: ~6S700 - ~6S1100
Late version: ~6S1100 to the end of production

I need help filling in the gaps, if anyone with an original sticker outside these ranges can please let me know your SAI VIN and version style it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave - 6S1757

6s1640

Hi Dave,

Very nice.  When determining the VIN ranges, did you match them up with the changes we know about, like dropping the Holley 3259 carb on automatics and going to the C6ZF-F Autolite?  This matches up to the start of the  Mid version and carries into the late version.

Or is there overlap, like the brake booster (I am assuming MICO master cylinder.)  may have come sooner than the carb change?  I think this suggests a version between the early and mid version, maybe only ID'ing the booster and not the carb change.  Is there a sheet that drops the booster closer to the end of production?  Or SAI left the form alone, even though the booster was dropped.

Cory

trotrof1

6S 1138 has the late version with the blue heading.

GT350Lad

Nice work Dave. And Cory do you have your original sticker? Great
6S373
6S1276

J_Speegle

Nice work Dave. Did check my collection and don't have anything that helps fill in the gaps.

See you have rounded the breaks out to larger numbers than your examples just to simplify things
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

s2ms

Quote from: 6s1640 on May 15, 2022, 09:59:44 PM
Hi Dave,

Very nice.  When determining the VIN ranges, did you match them up with the changes we know about, like dropping the Holley 3259 carb on automatics and going to the C6ZF-F Autolite?  This matches up to the start of the  Mid version and carries into the late version.

Or is there overlap, like the brake booster (I am assuming MICO master cylinder.)  may have come sooner than the carb change?  I think this suggests a version between the early and mid version, maybe only ID'ing the booster and not the carb change.  Is there a sheet that drops the booster closer to the end of production?  Or SAI left the form alone, even though the booster was dropped.

Cory

Hi Cory,

I haven't tried to match production changes with the different sticker versions but it does appear there is some correlation, at least between the early and mid versions. Interesting that the early version lists the automatic transmission option, does that mean it was used on cars after 6S252 or just that SAI was thinking ahead? Hopefully filling in the gaps will help answer that.
Dave - 6S1757

s2ms

Quote from: trotrof1 on May 15, 2022, 10:42:31 PM
6S 1138 has the late version with the blue heading.

Super helpful info, thanks!
Dave - 6S1757

s2ms

Quote from: J_Speegle on May 16, 2022, 12:27:06 AM
Nice work Dave. Did check my collection and don't have anything that helps fill in the gaps.

See you have rounded the breaks out to larger numbers than your examples just to simplify things

Thanks Jeff. Yes, you nailed it, my ranges are rounded out a little. Obviously we have documented the same OE stickers as examples.  ;)
Dave - 6S1757

Wedgeman

So Dave  which one would a mid  6S mid 500 Series have ?

s2ms

Not sure yet Craig. We need to fill in the gap between OE early versions from carryover examples and the mid version from cars in the early 700's.
Dave - 6S1757

J_Speegle

I know its been tough (at least for me) to find originals out there. Fair number of reproductions. Most owners never cared to keep paperwork like that and then some cars never got them.

Like many details the search goes on
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

jamesfee

Dave,

This is just confirmation on your later units sheet, but I thought it would help fill out your dataset. It accompanied the car when I got it in 69. Not sure why it got so faded out, but it was (is) blue as you have detailed.

jim
6S1801

6T6/7

Seems like the early version wouldn't necessarily be limited to carryovers. Looks like it might work ideally for early post-carryover cars.
Mark
'66 6S379, '67 GT350 #1661

J_Speegle

Quote from: 6T6/7 on May 16, 2022, 03:41:43 PM
Seems like the early version wouldn't necessarily be limited to carryovers. Looks like it might work ideally for early post-carryover cars.
Mark

Or they may not have been used through the whole carry over period.

We won't know till we know :)  Just have to stay objective in any of these surveys and studies

Time may provide us with enough evidence to draw a conclusion we'll see

s2ms

Quote from: jamesfee on May 16, 2022, 03:11:10 PM
Dave,

This is just confirmation on your later units sheet, but I thought it would help fill out your dataset. It accompanied the car when I got it in 69. Not sure why it got so faded out, but it was (is) blue as you have detailed.

jim

Thank you Jim, the more examples we have, the better!

Quote from: J_Speegle on May 16, 2022, 04:44:07 PM
Quote from: 6T6/7 on May 16, 2022, 03:41:43 PM
Mark

Or they may not have been used through the whole carry over period.

We won't know till we know :)  Just have to stay objective in any of these surveys and studies

Time may tell the true story

Exactly. The latest early style I have record of is a later carryover car. Makes sense that version was used after carryovers since it has the AT option listed, hopefully we can find evidence of that, or as Jeff mentioned an original middle version used with a carryover. Or....both! Wherever the lines are drawn I assume there would be some overlap?
Dave - 6S1757