News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Novice group track time

Started by charlie D, May 22, 2022, 03:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie D

Are there instructors available for the novice group track time? If yes, how do you request one, I don't see it when you regester. Thanks
Charlie D

Cobrask8

In the past, there have been no instructors. I trust this year will follow suit

TA Coupe

Look for an open track day to go to that is coming up and see if they have instructors. Most of them do.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

CSX 4133

Charlie D might I suggest you seek out someone who has driven Indy while you are at SAAC 47. You can arrange to follow them for part of a session to learn the course and become comfortable driving. Enjoy your car and your time in Indy.

charlie D

OK, I 'll find someone to follow! Thanks

Cobrask8

Charlie,

I am a 17 year NASA Instructor, 125+ events since 1989, and driven Indy F1. I'll be at the convention in a rental car, but will have my gear, including helmet-to-helmet radio. I'm not sure on passengers, that answer will have to be given by the "bosses", but at the minimum I can talk you through on a map. If I can ride with you, get a proper wristband,  I can instruct.

PM me for contact info

Dan

Cobrask8

The Bosses have spoken:

NO Passengers.

TA Coupe

Like I said look for an upcoming track day at a track near you. Go to the track website that is closest to you and they usually have an event schedule and see if any open tracks are coming up and then try contacting the group that is putting it on to see if they have any instructors.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.