News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

GM follows Ford and pulls out of 2022 SEMA

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, May 25, 2022, 10:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

General Motors says it will not participate in the 2022 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, becoming the second of the Big Three to pull out of the annual Las Vegas automotive gathering. Earlier this month, SEMA announced that Ford and Honda were skipping the event, although Honda later said it has not made a final decision. Neither General Motors nor SEMA announced GM's plan to withdraw, but Muscle Cars and Trucks noticed that Chevrolet Performance was absent from the exhibitors map. "GM has made the decision not to participate in the 2022 SEMA Show," Shad Balch, director of Chevrolet communications, confirmed, adding: "The SEMA show has always inspired us, and accessories and performance parts remain an important part of our business." The 2022 SEMA Show is scheduled for November 1 through 4 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-manifold/2022-05-25/?hashed_email=b055dacad84ce128c3f07f992c216f1f9d01bacadb65c1da6127d006f6d3dd3a
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

rhjanes

Shoot.  I was looking forward to comparing the Tesla, Ford and GM high-performance light switches. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

FL SAAC

Looks like the writing is on the wall, performance vehicles as we know them are done.  We will not have any further options than to ride around in moving appliances that look like everyone's else's. Internal combustion he was my friend.....R. I. P.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

Soon we will be talking about look at that custom extension cord with an ergonomically thought out plug on the end. Those will sure to be collectible items in the future! :'(

crossboss

Here is what I said @ the Boss 302 site:
Ford and GM are caving to the woke agenda, and moving forward with electric. Bad decision in my opinion. SEMA is and always will be the showcase for custom, and performance parts/companies. That said, what does Ford and GM bring to the table @ SEMA? Mustang, Corvette, and the upcoming defunct Camaro. With Dodge Challengers outselling the previous models mentioned, no wonder GM and Ford are bowing out. Talk about not supporting your product, its sad....and says a lot.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: crossboss on May 26, 2022, 11:55:05 AM....... what does Ford and GM bring to the table @ SEMA?....... With Dodge Challengers outselling the previous models mentioned
They displayed their own performance products and supported a lot of other companies who produced parts & mods with display cars. They also gave cars to the big name builders to mod & display as bait to get you into the booths.
I still think that Fiat out selling the Mustang is a fluke of the chip supply chain and Ford's decision to keep building as many of the more profitable trucks as they could. It's not like Mustangs were languishing on the lots they just weren't available.
I recall the talk of the show one year was Belltech who made lowering spindles. Chevy gave them one of their new bubble Caprice station wagons in non show friendly black. They lowered it and blacked out the windows, the crowd was 4 deep to get into their little booth to look at the car that just looked and sat right. If I remember Boyd's had whittled out a one off set of wheels for it too.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 26, 2022, 01:02:50 PM
Quote from: crossboss on May 26, 2022, 11:55:05 AM....... what does Ford and GM bring to the table @ SEMA?....... With Dodge Challengers outselling the previous models mentioned
They displayed their own performance products and supported a lot of other companies who produced parts & mods with display cars. They also gave cars to the big name builders to mod & display as bait to get you into the booths.
I still think that Fiat out selling the Mustang is a fluke of the chip supply chain and Ford's decision to keep building as many of the more profitable trucks as they could. It's not like Mustangs were languishing on the lots they just weren't available.
I recall the talk of the show one year was Belltech who made lowering spindles. Chevy gave them one of their new bubble Caprice station wagons in non show friendly black. They lowered it and blacked out the windows, the crowd was 4 deep to get into their little booth to look at the car that just looked and sat right. If I remember Boyd's had whittled out a one off set of wheels for it too.

Thats how it USED to be.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

stephen_becker

Quote from: crossboss on May 26, 2022, 11:55:05 AM
Ford and GM are caving to the woke agenda, and moving forward with electric. Bad decision in my opinion. SEMA is and always will be the showcase for custom, and performance parts/companies. That said, what does Ford and GM bring to the table @ SEMA? Mustang, Corvette, and the upcoming defunct Camaro. With Dodge Challengers outselling the previous models mentioned, no wonder GM and Ford are bowing out. Talk about not supporting your product, its sad....and says a lot.

GET WOKE
GO BROKE

crossboss

Quote from: stephen_becker on May 26, 2022, 04:00:49 PM
Quote from: crossboss on May 26, 2022, 11:55:05 AM

GET WOKE
GO BROKE

+1.
I will never own a new Ford or GM vehicle again.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

67 GT350

"Everything Woke, turns to shit!" - Donald Trump

How true!

America has sold US out. How could 81,000,000 be wrong? Ha! Better question is, how can there still be 30% that think the Country is going in the right direction?

Is it November yet? Doesn't matter the mules will see to that!
RARE  Signature Delete