Author Topic: Dennis Collins now claims his 67 mustang is 1477 - Dave?  (Read 21563 times)

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Collins now claims his 67 mustang is 1477 - Dave?
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2022, 09:46:36 PM »
Why draw everyones attention to it at all?

If you say it long enough on the web, and promote it to all of the journalistic parties, then it sooner or later becomes the truth. Worked for Shelby  ::)

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2022, 01:06:11 AM »
Why draw everyones attention to it at all?

If you say it long enough on the web, and promote it to all of the journalistic parties, then it sooner or later becomes the truth. Worked for Shelby  ::)

Bill

It didn't work for the SAAC Conspiracy website....   ;D

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2022, 06:44:35 AM »
It didn't work when Shelby "found" all of those unused SC chassis in a "warehouse".

...and all of you driving around in Shelby "continuation" cars that all of which were built for "off road, competition use only (with Goodyear racing tires)"...you're all under arrest.  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

daltondavid

• SAAC Member
  • 2005 FORD GT #991
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2022, 03:47:45 PM »
I wonder just how the Hagerty insurance company would approach placing a policy on this Frankenstein? This is a classic case of an “air car” being created for all the world to see. Like I said previously, it’s a cool old drag car. If it was a Shelby Mustang at one time, that was destroyed in an unfortunate accident while at the dealership, then converted into a drag car (as Dennis claims with his numerous photo copies and dead man Facebook copy) that answers all questions right there. when the vin stamped sheet metal and vin tag were cut away and disposed of along with the firewall and radically changing the car forever from a wrecked Shelby Mustang into a Drag car with no identifiable factory Ford vin stamping in the body. It is no longer a Shelby Mustang.  Lets discuss another possible theory. Perhaps the car #1477 was destroyed and someone picked parts off the wreck to jazz up the appearance of their drag car? This theory seems more plausible especially given the date code stampings on the body. I can think of three body differences nobody has discussed. I have owned 4 1967 Shelby Mustangs. I have looked at a large number of these cars over the last 20 plus years. I have a challenge for Dennis. (I know you are reading this) Fly me down to Texas. Let me review the car and take me out to dinner afterwards. I will tell you in person just exactly what you have.
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2022, 05:53:23 PM »

Food for thought - every time a nuance factory detail that would have been on the car from the assemblyline is shared on this thread you are giving the builder /owner a better chance of faking it if they are not there already. Especially on a car that already has a few red flags like this one. Prove that you are smart with details some other place but not one that readily gives a possible poser a leg up. Just the way I feel others may feel differently.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2022, 06:12:29 PM »
I wonder just how the Hagerty insurance company would approach placing a policy on this Frankenstein? This is a classic case of an “air car” being created for all the world to see. Like I said previously, it’s a cool old drag car. If it was a Shelby Mustang at one time, that was destroyed in an unfortunate accident while at the dealership, then converted into a drag car (as Dennis claims with his numerous photo copies and dead man Facebook copy) that answers all questions right there. when the vin stamped sheet metal and vin tag were cut away and disposed of along with the firewall and radically changing the car forever from a wrecked Shelby Mustang into a Drag car with no identifiable factory Ford vin stamping in the body. It is no longer a Shelby Mustang.  Lets discuss another possible theory. Perhaps the car #1477 was destroyed and someone picked parts off the wreck to jazz up the appearance of their drag car? This theory seems more plausible especially given the date code stampings on the body. I can think of three body differences nobody has discussed. I have owned 4 1967 Shelby Mustangs. I have looked at a large number of these cars over the last 20 plus years. I have a challenge for Dennis. (I know you are reading this) Fly me down to Texas. Let me review the car and take me out to dinner afterwards. I will tell you in person just exactly what you have.

The gauntlet has been thrown.....
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2022, 06:12:52 PM »

Food for thought - every time a nuance factory detail that would have been on the car from the assemblyline is shared on this thread you are giving the builder /owner a better chance of faking it if they are not there already. Especially on a car that already has a few red flags like this one. Prove that you are smart with details some other place but not one that readily gives a possible poser a leg up. Just the way I feel others may feel differently.

+ 1

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2022, 07:45:42 PM »
Food for thought - every time a nuance factory detail that would have been on the car from the assemblyline is shared on this thread you are giving the builder /owner a better chance of faking it if they are not there already. ...................

+1

Something we've mentioned numerous times in other threads but a good reminder about public discussions and disclosures here and on other sites
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2022, 09:37:44 PM »
Food for thought - every time a nuance factory detail that would have been on the car from the assemblyline is shared on this thread you are giving the builder /owner a better chance of faking it if they are not there already.

You're not far off - take a look at the first pictures when "discovered" and what it is today. So far the only thing that has been proven is paperwork exists that a 1967 GT350 with a 4 speed was built and sold by Shelby American. There has been nothing offered/proven to link this collection of sheetmetal to Shelby American. I'd think a LARGE part of their claim when the SA tag is gone would be showing that trans VIN and not blocking the Ford VIN on the Marti report. Of course once that number gets out you may find the real wreckage tucked away in a garage where the original owner has kept it since buying his 427 Cobra back from the insurance company. That one car blew they whole lid off the Air Cobra business.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2022, 09:47:22 PM »
.................I'd think a LARGE part of their claim when the SA tag is gone would be showing that trans VIN and not blocking the Ford VIN on the Marti report.............

It was already "disclosed" in the first video that they didn't claim the transmission VIN match the cars VIN . The speaker had his own reasoning or excuse but he was incorrect about allot of things he stated in that video at about the 19:42 minute mark if you want to listen to that
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2022, 10:39:58 PM »
.................I'd think a LARGE part of their claim when the SA tag is gone would be showing that trans VIN and not blocking the Ford VIN on the Marti report.............

It was already "disclosed" in the first video that they didn't claim the transmission VIN match the cars VIN . The speaker had his own reasoning or excuse but he was incorrect about allot of things he stated in that video at about the 19:42 minute mark if you want to listen to that

Now all we need is people with close Ford VINs on either side to point out the sheet metal differences. SA VIN won't work since they weren't built in order.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2022, 11:06:53 PM »
Who is Dennis Collins? Never heard of the person.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2022, 11:08:50 PM »
Now all we need is people with close Ford VINs on either side to point out the sheet metal differences. SA VIN won't work since they weren't built in order.

There is even a better way than what your suggesting, but by providing that would also go to help others interested, possibly, in making their own fake, copy and air car. Would also offer that Ford didn't build the cars in VIN order either ;) 

Fair amount of data has already been collected over the last couple decades or more.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 11:14:28 PM by J_Speegle »

Krelboyne

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2022, 11:28:01 PM »
The Marti Report, with the Ford VIN, was only partially blocked. Here is a screen shot.
Also, the stamped VIN from the toploader, was shown in the first video around 19:44. Everyone should go look, and draw your own conclusion. Someone gets an E for effort, that is all that I am going to say.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2022, 11:42:13 PM »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy