Author Topic: Dennis Collins now claims his 67 mustang is 1477 - Dave?  (Read 21560 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Collins now claims his 67 mustang is 1477 - Dave?
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2022, 02:48:57 PM »
  For those of us that have read the new 2022 registry from front to back, this seems to be an asterisk car.  Now forever to have the explanation that there is no Vined numbered sheet metal, and out of date (so I read) sheet metal with the known Ford and Shelby completion date.  Possible air car/rebody.  What would that be worth? 
  There are other cars in the registry with similar descriptions.
It should only be in the registry as - UNKNOWN. Possible air/rebody would only apply if someone sends in acceptable ownership information. The other cars with similar descriptions were registered by owners whose cars history of rusty/crashed and rebuilt is known and/or they don't have the Ford VIN. The registrars records will note that the transmission was located.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

daltondavid

• SAAC Member
  • 2005 FORD GT #991
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2022, 07:01:22 PM »
When myself and a few others first started this forum, under the heading I recall was the following statement:           ”The undisputed authority on the cars produced by Shelby American from 1962-1970”.   It was a phrase Created to remind the World that Carroll Shelby himself entrusted Rick Kopec and SAAC with the historical records and knowledge to proceed with high moral standards and act as the Guardians of this information. I have personally witnessed SAAC HQ and the men who operate as registrars. They are as genuine as it gets and the system and process involved regarding the information of these cars is second to none. They are The SHELBY EXPERTS. The Supreme Court of SHELBY so to speak. SAAC and its Registrars subsequent opinions and determinations of any situation regarding these cars is the final say. That’s it and that’s all. Now go get ya some of that!
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2022, 07:26:33 PM »
When myself and a few others first started this forum, under the heading I recall was the following statement:           ”The undisputed authority on the cars produced by Shelby American from 1962-1970”.   It was a phrase Created to remind the World that Carroll Shelby himself entrusted Rick Kopec and SAAC with the historical records and knowledge to proceed with high moral standards and act as the Guardians of this information. I have personally witnessed SAAC HQ and the men who operate as registrars. They are as genuine as it gets and the system and process involved regarding the information of these cars is second to none. They are The SHELBY EXPERTS. The Supreme Court of SHELBY so to speak. SAAC and its Registrars subsequent opinions and determinations of any situation regarding these cars is the final say. That’s it and that’s all. Now go get ya some of that!
+1

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2022, 09:44:50 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/343470002343007/posts/5575263239163631/?sfnsn=mo
I see the FakeBook experts have signed on to it's long time SA history - even though it's only months old.

There was another thread on a vintage Ford page where the car was heavilly de-bunked. I was one of the nay-sayers asking for the truth. I even called out since the car has no VIN or title, you could call it anything you want, including an Impala. But, just like this new thread, too many new experts. The thread that I had posted on was completely removed. I guess the original poster did not like the truth.

Let’s make it a 409/409!
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2022, 09:46:12 PM »
You both need help.

No cheap shots and nothing delusional when the facts as stated are 100% true.

I gain not a single thing, not one dime by telling the truth in this matter.

The car is real, you will all be eating crow when the process of inspection is finished…

Dave & I both know what was said and what happened… I have nothing else to say on the matter.

All the best gentlemen…

Calling out Dave who we all know is brutally honest….
Best of luck.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

SCJSTU

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2022, 10:59:36 PM »
Google will be the best friend of who ever ends up with this thing called 1477
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1 Azure Blue
1956 Ford F100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU bagged
1961 Falcon 2 door wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD custom

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2022, 09:24:39 AM »
In the eyes of the law the Lawyers like to focus on the tip of the spear... Truth and what was the intent here. Watching the video the seller says non Shalantly its not about the money. Thats the full Pinnochio and goes down hill from there. In guessing how much Dennis payed for it , that would probably be more then a 40-50 k fastback Drag car we are looking at. Dennis mentions in a video to his partner Richard... Do you know how much a Paxton car just sold for? (700k )That is where he was going with this, on the purchase it appears. Finding a car that fit this narrative, took time and thought. It was a gamble he was willing to take but the SHELBY EXPERTS shut that thought process down. Hopefully the Gas Monkey / Jeep parts people will come on here to join in on where this is going, to return their credibility as car people and prevent this from going down the rabbit hole any further!

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2022, 09:31:08 AM »

I would expect that the "Registry conspiracy" theory will be reemerging soon with possibly a new twist?

No one associated with SAAC long term is shocked by ass holes like QAnon. We've been dealing with disillusioned crap like that since the beginning. Granted there can be an initial amazement but you will realize eventually that the dog was peeing on your foot, it was not rain, and now your sneaker smells like dog piss?

I personally just deal with it as entertainment but frankly it wouldn't even make a TV program that would last 1/2 a season without being cancelled.

Interesting though that there are people involved that are involved with TV programing? Is that a conspiracy theory from me?  ???
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2022, 09:52:39 AM »

“You’re Still Here? It’s Over. Go Home.” — Ferris.

Qoute from the film "Ferris Bhueller Day Off" when he finds out that they are still talking about this car......
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2022, 10:12:50 AM »
Unfortunately the forum is not capable of a healthy discussion

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2022, 11:03:50 AM »
( "Expand your mind be more open, there is more to life than mustangs or pieces of mustangs" ) ======= Wow, we see that every day , LOL                                                                                                         
   Where is the original post that I got that comment from ????? Think before you post next time, it's not all about the numbers  :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 01:03:10 PM by Lincoln tech »

daltondavid

• SAAC Member
  • 2005 FORD GT #991
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2022, 05:52:13 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D But it should be.
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2022, 07:48:06 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D But it should be.

Wurd
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2022, 08:23:10 PM »
I agree with all of the above statements, let me add usually there is no sign of life, imagination or humor.

Moving right along and keeping with the topic at hand has anyone heard any new developments on this vehicle today ?

And as always thank you for your time
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2022, 09:45:21 PM »
...... keeping with the topic at hand has anyone heard any new developments on this vehicle today ?
Pookie has sold them some NOS parts that were found in the trunk of 1477 after the crash.