News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Dennis Collins now claims his 67 mustang is 1477 - Dave?

Started by 427hunter, May 27, 2022, 06:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: rmarble57 on June 06, 2022, 05:09:05 PM
FL SAAC
Episode 200 is where the provenance is revealed.   Starts around 18 minutes in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTeXtm9Ouos

prov·e·nance - a record of ownership of a work of art or an antique, used as a guide to authenticity or quality.

Looks like we're missing some records. Their "expert" knows paperwork not the sheetmetal. Where is their well known certified 1967 Mustang concourse judge pointing out all the differences that are on a 67 sent to SA vs ones from other assembly plants?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

BGlover67

It's funny how some really good Shelbys have the stigma of missing their original Shelby VIN tags and take abuse over it.  Here we have a car that not only is missing it's tag, it's missing EVERYTHING!  This car could very likely be the remnants of car 1477, but it's analogous to when folks take all the Shelby parts off a wrecked car and stick em on a '67 Mustang.  If someone pays big money for this under the premise that its a long lost '67 Paxton car, than they have been truly Gas Monkey F'd in my opinion.  Sad, if these cars weren't worth a tenth the value they bring, you wouldn't see shenanigans like this. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Royce Peterson

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

TA Coupe

Pause for a little bit guys because I've run out of popcorn and need to make a quick run to the store for more. Got plenty of beer though. 🍺

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

tonys_shelby

Jim Morrison's is next. Someone at Carlisle said it's turned up and and the auto archeologists guy's are doing a show on it!  Maybe Dennis has found it! ;)

FL SAAC

Quote from: tonys_shelby on June 06, 2022, 07:22:59 PM
Jim Morrison's is next. Someone at Carlisle said it's turned up and and the auto archeologists guy's are doing a show on it!  Maybe Dennis has found it! ;)

Please see reply # 20 on this thread:

Can't wait until "THE OTHER MOVIE" comes out to the theatre and starts to play "WE FOUND JIMMYS CAR" that's gona be a doooooozieeeeee!
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: tonys_shelby on June 06, 2022, 07:22:59 PM
I thought some guy tried to pitch his as the Blue Lady a couple years ago on that show.

427heaven

A few years ago I thought I had Jims car, it wasnt a pitch but just a belief that the time frame, the color, where the car had been, etc was a close second to the BLUE LADY... But alas it is just BLUE CHEER! The racers on the East coast knew the car and the name both on the streets and the track.

BGlover67

Quote from: TA Coupe on June 06, 2022, 06:34:54 PM
Pause for a little bit guys because I've run out of popcorn and need to make a quick run to the store for more. Got plenty of beer though. 🍺

Roy

Ha!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

daltondavid

Hmmm, he orders a deluxe Marti Report and correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that come with a replica  Shelby tag stamped with the correct numbers? How  long until  it surfaces with applied "Patina" and a long winded overlooked Facebook post from a dead former owner claiming he removed it and kept it in a safe deposit box and wouldn't you know, his old neighbor has they key and happens to be a fan of the show and recognized the car........
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

shelbydoug

Quote from: daltondavid on June 08, 2022, 07:32:04 PM
Hmmm, he orders a deluxe Marti Report and correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that come with a replica  Shelby tag stamped with the correct numbers? How  long until  it surfaces with applied "Patina" and a long winded overlooked Facebook post from a dead former owner claiming he removed it and kept it in a safe deposit box and wouldn't you know, his old neighbor has they key and happens to be a fan of the show and recognized the car........

Well even if he does have the rear half of the car and has the number correct, what happens if the front of the car or part of it shows up? Which is the car then? It can not be two cars with the same number.

Unfortunately in that case he has the wrong half.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on June 06, 2022, 05:26:52 PM
Quote from: rmarble57 on June 06, 2022, 05:09:05 PM
FL SAAC
Episode 200 is where the provenance is revealed.   Starts around 18 minutes in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTeXtm9Ouos

prov·e·nance - a record of ownership of a work of art or an antique, used as a guide to authenticity or quality.

Looks like we're missing some records. Their "expert" knows paperwork not the sheetmetal. Where is their well known certified 1967 Mustang concourse judge pointing out all the differences that are on a 67 sent to SA vs ones from other assembly plants?
Can't you cut it open and count the rings?  Or maybe conduct an automotive seance and reach the spirit of the Shelby.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Hmmm, he orders a deluxe Marti Report and correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that come with a replica  Shelby tag stamped with the correct numbers?

REPORT - ELITE
This report, in addition to giving you the complete factory option list and door data plate info, includes a reproduction of your door data plate. You also get a reproduction of the window sticker and personalized production statistics that show how unique your car is. All of this is mounted behind a Ford blue matte board and installed in a 16" x 20" black frame.

Did the 67s have the door plates? They had been removed (or never installed) on the 65-6

I don't see this ever being listed in the registry. They have no ownership documents or Ford VIN on sheetmetal to show that this is the car. Even with a title the most they could hope for would be the dreaded "rebody" moniker.

This is from the Marti website:

The report is not about the authenticity of the vehicle you may own or are considering owning. It is not an evaluation about the condition of said vehicle. Authenticity and condition are matters handled by appraisers. We are not offering an appraisal service and do not offer any opinion about the value of any particular vehicle, though we may, at times, comment about value of vehicles as a group.

JD

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on June 12, 2022, 02:04:26 PM
Hmmm, he orders a deluxe Marti Report and correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that come with a replica  Shelby tag stamped with the correct numbers?

REPORT - ELITE
This report, in addition to giving you the complete factory option list and door data plate info, includes a reproduction of your door data plate. You also get a reproduction of the window sticker and personalized production statistics that show how unique your car is. All of this is mounted behind a Ford blue matte board and installed in a 16" x 20" black frame.

Did the 67s have the door plates?  They had been removed (or never installed)on the 65-6

I don't see this ever being listed in the registry. They have no ownership documents or Ford VIN on sheetmetal to show that this is the car. Even with a title the most they could hope for would be the dreaded "rebody" moniker.

This is from the Marti website:

The report is not about the authenticity of the vehicle you may own or are considering owning. It is not an evaluation about the condition of said vehicle. Authenticity and condition are matters handled by appraisers. We are not offering an appraisal service and do not offer any opinion about the value of any particular vehicle, though we may, at times, comment about value of vehicles as a group.

They were to be removed by Shelby American workers at the airport facility - most were.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

FL SAAC

I truly don't think he can order a Marti report.

When we ordered ours we had to send a copy of either our cars registration or title or nothing would be sent to us

A bill of sale is not a bona fide document that proves that vehicle is what it is.

I can get my cousin Billy to give me a bill of sale to Jim Morrison's car.

Can I submit that to get a deluxe marti report with a plate  ?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert