News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Dennis Collins now claims his 67 mustang is 1477 - Dave?

Started by 427hunter, May 27, 2022, 06:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I have three Marti reports for three cars. I was not asked for any kind of documentation for any of them besides the money.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on June 13, 2022, 08:18:46 AM
I have three Marti reports for three cars. I was not asked for any kind of documentation for any of them besides the money.

Well let me tell you when Marti purchased the invoices from Eminger they made  me run through (had to find a fax machine back in the day,  get my legal paper work) hoops, telling me that they would not release my information unless I could prove ownership

I guess this another case that the Benjamin's win....

Again this was my experience

I truly don't think he can order a Marti report.

When we ordered ours we had to send a copy of either our cars registration or title or nothing would be sent to us

A bill of sale is not a bona fide document that proves that vehicle is what it is.

I can get my cousin Billy to give me a bill of sale to Jim Morrison's car.

Can I submit that to get a deluxe marti report with a plate  ?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

TOBKOB

1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 13, 2022, 07:27:31 AM
Quote from: daltondavid on June 08, 2022, 07:32:04 PM
Hmmm, he orders a deluxe Marti Report and correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that come with a replica  Shelby tag stamped with the correct numbers? How  long until  it surfaces with applied "Patina" and a long winded overlooked Facebook post from a dead former owner claiming he removed it and kept it in a safe deposit box and wouldn't you know, his old neighbor has they key and happens to be a fan of the show and recognized the car........

When we ordered ours we had to send a copy of either our cars registration or title or nothing would be sent to us

A bill of sale is not a bona fide document that proves that vehicle is what it is.

Kevins own words I have heard in conversation with him:" People order Marti reports all the time for the 2 68 Bullitt Mustangs to build replicas. When an order comes through I will usually ask the purchaser why he wants it. "Imagine my surprise when the guy said he owned the car(second bullitt car found in Mexico)." Now I ordered a Marti for a 68 "Bullitt" Mustang I was buying before I bought it(390 4 speed HG GT). I did the same for my current SCJ 69 Mustang. 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 13, 2022, 08:26:23 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on June 13, 2022, 08:18:46 AM

Well let me tell you when Marti purchased the invoices from Eminger they made  me run through (had to find a fax machine back in the day,  get my legal paper work) hoops, telling me that they would not release my information unless I could prove ownership

I guess this another case that the Benjamin's win....

Again this was my experience

I knew Lois. I bought numerous reports off of her starting around 1985-86. She would sell you the originals and go to kinkos to make a copy to keep in her file just in case the original got lost. You provided a copy of your title or registration I believe with Lois so she knew the current owner was getting the originals.
Now last I talked to Marti auto works I believe they said the eminger reports you would get a copy(no mention of the original if it existed or not). So I wonder if you get the original one if it exists or not. So maybe Kevin on the Eminger reports wants proof of ownership? He doesn't for Marti reports as many people order the basic ones on cars they are looking to purchase. Kevin has said he has seen forged Marti reports on Ebay auctions. He will run a "unique" car through from time to time he said to the Galaxie club here in Mi many years ago.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

Quote from: TOBKOB on June 13, 2022, 08:44:48 AM
I also had to send a copy of my title.  :)

TOB
for a Marti report? Or an Eminger invoice? My history on reports were no proof just a Vin.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

SCJSTU

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 13, 2022, 07:27:31 AM
Quote from: daltondavid on June 08, 2022, 07:32:04 PM
Hmmm, he orders a deluxe Marti Report and correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that come with a replica  Shelby tag stamped with the correct numbers? How  long until  it surfaces with applied "Patina" and a long winded overlooked Facebook post from a dead former owner claiming he removed it and kept it in a safe deposit box and wouldn't you know, his old neighbor has they key and happens to be a fan of the show and recognized the car........

I have gotten several Marti reports on cars I did not own with no paperwork required........especially if you are looking to buy a car to verify options on it etc....

this is in last couple years
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

Coralsnake

It depends on the year and model. Most years no issues. 1967 Shelbys require both the Ford and Shelby VIN. There a lot of things getting mixed in here that not relevant.

rcgt350

Lois would also ask for a Vin rubbing as proof of ownership, I think I provided that along with a copy of bill of sale and title once.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: rcgt350 on June 13, 2022, 11:46:09 AM
Lois would also ask for a Vin rubbing as proof of ownership, I think I provided that along with a copy of bill of sale and title once.
thanks. I don't recall exactly what she wanted but have all of her sales literature so I can look at that. It took her months to find the one for my Shelby just before she sold them all to Marti in early 2000s. It took me a while to get smart and order them. I figured I had enough documentation. You never have enough documentation.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

TOBKOB

Quotefor a Marti report? Or an Eminger invoice? My history on reports were no proof just a Vin.

Lois Eminger asked for a copy of title probably in the 80's. This was for my '69 so maybe apples and oranges... :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

SCJSTU

Guys big difference in getting original invoices aka Emminger  ( you have to prove ownership)
Vs getting a regular Marti report ( not Elite) report showing way car was built ( no proof of ownership required )
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

J_Speegle

Quote from: SCJSTU on June 13, 2022, 10:50:18 PM
Guys big difference in getting original invoices aka Emminger  ( you have to prove ownership)
Vs getting a regular Marti report ( not Elite) report showing way car was built ( no proof of ownership required )

But since the Shelby Marti reports include both Shelby and Ford VINs he typically takes extra precautions/requirements so that not just anyone can pay and get that information. Maybe in this case someone had a connection or called in a favor. DO NOT know for certain

That is a detail that Lois ever needed to deal with since she only had limited years and only one plant
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbymann1970

Quote from: J_Speegle on June 13, 2022, 11:20:44 PM
Quote from: SCJSTU on June 13, 2022, 10:50:18 PM

But since the Shelby Marti reports include both Shelby and Ford VINs he typically takes extra precautions/requirements so that not just anyone can pay and get that information. Maybe in this case someone had a connection or called in a favor. DO NOT know for certain

That is a detail that Lois ever needed to deal with since she only had limited years and only one plant
She had multiple plants depending on year and car line. I.E. 1970 she had both Metuchin and Dearborn for Mustangs.
So say there is a 67 Shelby on BaT and there are both vins available I'm sure I can get a Marti report. I got both vins on some 1967 Shelbys via auctions. So if Collins calls up Marti auto works with both the Ford Vin off the trans and gets a "hit" on the Shelby number do you think Marti auto works sends a Marti report to him? I'd say so. I guess 1967 Shelby owners can settle this one as what did they have to provide to get a report? Just both vins off of their car that match the data base or other info? Seems weird I can get a report for a 68 or 69 Shelby without proof of  ownership but not a 67 when providing the pertinent info?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

JD

On the '67 GT350 I had, I supplied the both the Ford and Shelby VIN's, which I had already supplied and had verified - known numbers - by the SAAC Registrar (THANKS DAVE!) via phone to Marti Autoworks and they sent me the report.  I did not get the framed version that provides a recreated VIN Door plate.

Edit: Never got one, and didn't realize it's the door tag - Thanks.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0