News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

OIL SENDER

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, May 24, 2018, 09:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

Can anyone help with question ? oil sending unit extension was used on which cars--I bought from Mr. Gains concourse quality sending unit that all my friends are jealous about, however  69 Shelby gt 500 engine bay is so packed you can not see it., thus I wonder if extension would be correct--thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on May 24, 2018, 09:00:53 PM
Can anyone help with question ? oil sending unit extension was used on which cars--I bought from Mr. Gains concourse quality sending unit that all my friends are jealous about, however  69 Shelby gt 500 engine bay is so packed you can not see it., thus I wonder if extension would be correct--thanks
On the 69/70 GT500 the sender screws into the top of the oil filter adapter. GT350 uses the extension you are thinking of.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mtdubvee

I know this is old, but what is the correct sender to screw into the oil filter adapter on a 69 GT500? Is the small one (arent those for warning lights?) or the big bubble one?

Thanks
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mtdubvee on September 26, 2019, 09:30:12 AM
I know this is old, but what is the correct sender to screw into the oil filter adapter on a 69 GT500? Is the small one (arent those for warning lights?) or the big bubble one?

Thanks
Bell shaped is used on all 69/70 Shelby. Picture link posted on other thread about sender you started.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby