News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

John Cena FGT

Started by stephen_becker, May 25, 2018, 03:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Ford should have sold these on an abandonment lease deal. That is where you lease something for a set period of time and at the end of the lease ownership transfers. Easy to do they take full fee up front and lease you the car with unlimited miles. The lease reads zero value at the end of 24 months and title then gets sent.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

KerryBWhite

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 25, 2018, 04:11:33 AM
Ford should have sold these on an abandonment lease deal. That is where you lease something for a set period of time and at the end of the lease ownership transfers. Easy to do they take full fee up front and lease you the car with unlimited miles. The lease reads zero value at the end of 24 months and title then gets sent.

+1

Where is JUDGE JUDY???  She would end this BS real fast and Im pretty sure FORD would be the winner!! A 2019 trial date is ridiculous. :)

shelbydoug

Quote from: KerryBWhite on May 25, 2018, 09:31:14 AM
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 25, 2018, 04:11:33 AM

+1

Where is JUDGE JUDY???  She would end this BS real fast and Im pretty sure FORD would be the winner!! A 2019 trial date is ridiculous. :)

Judge Jeanine Piro. She'll fix these Obama spies.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Shelby_r_b

Wow.  It'll be interesting to see how this all fleshes out. 
Nothing beats a classic!

shelbydoug

I don't see what Ford's issue is with these things anyway? There is no way that they are going to be anything but a speculation investment and get hustled back and forth?

They are kind of like those "Offical Proof Coins" made for public offerings of little places like Transylvania where they were never intended to really be put into circulation.

They knew that in the beginning. They are just a big ego trip for Ford itself.

Like they actually will find a chicken farmer to go take them racing or something?

Get real.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

Agreed
Should have been a 3 year lease with option to buy type deal.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

TOBKOB

Regardless if anyone agrees with this or not, the customer signed a legal contract and should be held to it. What has happened that a man's word isn't good for anything any more? I grew up in a culture that if someone gave their word you could take it to the bank, not any more it seems.   :o

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bigfoot on May 25, 2018, 09:03:19 PM
Agreed
Should have been a 3 year lease with option to buy type deal.

That likely would be a better plan but I could see where the buyer could argue that he agreed under duress to Ford's purchase terms and also argue that there is no or little precedent for the terms.

Ownership is ownership which means total control. If Ford wanted control, lease it to the guy, then re-examine if they still qualified to buy the car at the end of the lease?

The whole thing is kind of a farce by Ford to show their magnificence.

"We'll allow some of you to share in that...maybe".

I'd rather deal with Ferrari.

To me it doesn't really matter. It's just academic to me at every level and is just something stupid that really rich people squabble over.

Who cares really?

If you get one, just put it in your display case. You could even make up one of those plaques they use for art in the museum. "This art graciously permitted to be displayed by it's owner .... and just fill in your name.

These things have come such a long way from being just hard ass race cars to now being put in a display case.

I don't know if Ford forgot about the reason they got into racing or is just being more honest about it now? It doesn't matter, it has the same effect.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!