News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

FORD MOTOR COMPANY DIED YESTERDAY

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, June 03, 2022, 02:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

When their dictator Jim Farley declared himself the only source of EV cars and trucks from the Ford Motor Company.
Farley will only sell EV cars online which will kill all the car dealers when Ford folds up their ICE car business.
The dealers will only handle warranty and service. There may also be no resale opportunity if they decide to only lease the EV cars.
Their Ford Truck dealers may survive with their F450 and up vehicles that use outsourced diesel engines.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a40175990/ford-online-sales-no-negotiation/

"We've got to go to non-negotiated price. We've got to go 100 percent online. There's no inventory (at dealerships), it goes directly to the customer. And 100 percent remote pick up and delivery,"
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Side-Oilers

Stupid, stupid, stupid move.  Another knee-jerk reaction by a car company that's afraid of upsetting worldwide man-bun snowflake boys.

This is the worst of the worst business decisions ever, by a major car company.

How'd they get the Board of Directors to go along with this?   Will the Ford family be selling their stock as fast as they can?

And, shouldn't the company expect a huge law suit from all the FoMoCo dealers? 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

67 GT350

The "chip shortage" was a test of retail plus pricing......Just like the "Flat'n the curve" was to test US. US companies/Government has SOLD US OUT. You 81 mil voters did it, and the rest did not care.
RARE  Signature Delete

Farley won't be around much longer so can't believe a word  he says.   They can't do it with out dealers.  EV is way off in the future yet regardless of what they're trying to preach to us.

Side-Oilers

^^^ I kind of agree, but why would Farley be saying (or even be allowed to say) anything about such a sensitive topic as this? 

Much better to stick to a nice boring sound bite about how Ford is committed to develop new methods of selling electric vehicles, in order to better serve the consumer and the stock holders, as well as the underprivileged/under-served in our society. 

Then step away from the mic and only open your mouth again to eat a pastrami sandwich at the local deli.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

crossboss

Democrats/liberalism= Is a mental disorder.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Don Johnston

Tesla did the same thing.  However, the auto dealers associations in some states require a brick and motor location dealership in order to get a state license to operate.  It happened in Hawaii, so Tesla put retail sales "dealerships' in a couple of shopping malls and a repair facility in a warehouse instead of sending mechanics and parts here from California to work on cars in a small warehouse when needed by the few customers years ago.

Ford did the factory direct plan with the new model Ford GT. with selected fee required dealers for warranty repair.  How well was that received?  8)

crossboss

Quote from: Don Johnston on June 03, 2022, 06:18:17 PM
Tesla did the same thing.  However, the auto dealers associations in some states require a brick and motor location dealership in order to get a state license to operate.  It happened in Hawaii, so Tesla put retail sales "dealerships' in a couple of shopping malls and a repair facility in a warehouse instead of sending mechanics and parts here from California to work on cars in a small warehouse when needed by the few customers years ago.

Ford did the factory direct plan with the new model Ford GT. with selected fee required dealers for warranty repair.  How well was that received?  8)

You left out: 1--You are on a 'lottery' to obtain one...aka rich and famous get top spots. 2--Must show/prove a financial statement. 3--Can not resell it until at least 2 years. I'm sure there were more 'requirements' to potentially buy one.
That said, I am done with Ford Motor Company. And I will never buy a new car ever again, no matter the make or model.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

67 GT350

Quote from: crossboss on June 03, 2022, 05:47:02 PM
Democrats/liberalism= Is a mental disorder.

-Micheal Savage from San Fran-sicko
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on June 03, 2022, 07:44:07 PM
Quote from: Don Johnston on June 03, 2022, 06:18:17 PM

You left out: 1--You are on a 'lottery' to obtain one...aka rich and famous get top spots. 2--Must show/prove a financial statement. 3--Can not resell it until at least 2 years. I'm sure there were more 'requirements' to potentially buy one.
That said, I am done with Ford Motor Company. And I will never buy a new car ever again, no matter the make or model.

Yup I brought that up a few years ago when i compared the Ford GT vs the C8 and was almost  booed off this forum

Called a heretic, infidel , blah blah blah.....they new I was right, just would not admit it

Took it like a man and did not have a melt down

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Agreed, the 'Vette is the best bang for the buck sports car on the planet. However, its butt ugly in my opinion, and so is the new Ford GT.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on June 04, 2022, 11:29:14 AM
Agreed, the 'Vette is the best bang for the buck sports car on the planet. However, its butt ugly in my opinion, and so is the new Ford GT.

Then all these cars are very ugly also Lambo, Felali, Ford GT.

I'll take my chances with the $65k affordable usa model

https://www.motortrend.com/events/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-vs-lamborghini-huracan-evo-comparison-test-review/

Back to the topic at hand,  Ford is going to heck in a hand basket

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 04, 2022, 11:57:20 AM

https://www.motortrend.com/events/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-vs-lamborghini-huracan-evo-comparison-test-review/

Yes, in my view. The Ford GT of 2005-2006, a beautiful car.
The only Lambo worth a damn is the Miura. For Ferrari, the Daytona, GTO, and the Maranello 550/575s. All others are fugly.
Yes, back to the topic at hand: Ford is now (or will be) a worthless manufacturer...IF they only decide to make EVs.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on June 04, 2022, 02:29:50 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on June 04, 2022, 11:57:20 AM

Yes, in my view. The Ford GT of 2005-2006, a beautiful car.
The only Lambo worth a damn is the Miura. For Ferrari, the Daytona, GTO, and the Maranello 550/575s. All others are fugly.
Yes, back to the topic at hand: Ford is now (or will be) a worthless manufacturer...IF they only decide to make EVs.

You killing me smalls

I have all UNGOLD cars