News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1965-66 (?original?) Shelby export brace

Started by Mike_Senar, June 10, 2022, 01:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_Senar

[]Hello from San Diego,
  I recently picked up (what appears to be an original) export brace that maybe someone here can use.   Looks and sounds like it is original (with the research I have done) and I will answer any other questions about it with pictures.  This way YOU can be sure...   P.M. me with a cell # and I will send any other pictures needed.   And, after further price/value research it seems the one on E-bay for $2,200.00 will never sell and I thought just half of that amount was good.   Guess I am fooled...     So, $600.00ish is good???
                                                                                 Mike

Mike_Senar

Sorry about the lag.  I couldn't seem to get pictures to work until now...??!

5s386

I purchased an original 65-6 export brace, including the shock tower caps, from Orlando Mustang in 2006, for $550.

Now, the reproductions (brace and caps) look virtually identical. Just knowing if it's original, may be the determining factor I may buy an original for more money.

texas swede

All the originals I have seen and the two I currently have, has a hole on the passenger side arm for
a strap. The original one on my car has the hole and the one from a Mustang in Sweden I have in my attic
also has it. As far as I can tell the one shown is an original.
Texas Swede

deathsled

That is one of the craziest most outrageous subtleties I ever heard of. I went out just now to look at mine and wouldn't you know it had that little hole. Shelby American subconsciously protecting the provenance of these cars? I wonder.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

s2ms

I believe there is a newer repop that is nearly identical to originals including the passenger side arm hole. You could check with Brant to get his opinion on how the compare. 

https://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-66-SHELBY-BLACK-EXPORT-BRACE-CORRECT-BRACE-WITH-EVENLY-SPACED-HOLES-P1241.aspx
Dave - 6S1757