News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Park brake cable

Started by azdriver, June 10, 2022, 02:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azdriver

On my car, the short cable is on the passenger side and the long cable (which has been cut) is on the drivers side. Is this correct. I see many things that seem to say the long cable was the right side and the short was the left? Also looking for a nice used long cable if anyone has one.

Thanks, Pat

Bob Gaines

Quote from: azdriver on June 10, 2022, 02:57:54 PM
On my car, the short cable is on the passenger side and the long cable (which has been cut) is on the drivers side. Is this correct. I see many things that seem to say the long cable was the right side and the short was the left? Also looking for a nice used long cable if anyone has one.

Thanks, Pat
The short cable goes on the driver side. There is a clear illustration on page 39 of the assemblyline manuals that have been touted in many forum threads and that you should have. They are a good investment especially for people like yourself trying to do it right on their car and asking questions. All major Mustang parts vendors sell them .You have been put on notice. ;) ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby