News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Beat up 350 not mine...

Started by Bigfoot, April 29, 2018, 08:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on May 24, 2018, 09:18:54 AM
Personally, I dont understand the anomosity. I see it on both ends of the spectrum...the high end cars get the same treatment.

To accuse someone of shill bidding is irresponsible, unless you have some history with them.

I stopped commenting on prices, even though its very tempting. If its too high the seller will figure it out. If someone is willing to pay the stupid price, then so be it...
I agree. Take someone with a back yard pole barn body shop. Has the talent. Is an enthusiast. Has the time. Wants a Shelby. While some will say a guy like that paid stupid money well he had to out bid someone and he knows pretty much what his end cost would be and is OK with it. I'm sure he would make $$$ on the car when done.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Greg

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on May 24, 2018, 02:33:42 PM
Quote from: Coralsnake on May 24, 2018, 09:18:54 AM
Personally, I dont understand the anomosity. I see it on both ends of the spectrum...the high end cars get the same treatment.

To accuse someone of shill bidding is irresponsible, unless you have some history with them.

I stopped commenting on prices, even though its very tempting. If its too high the seller will figure it out. If someone is willing to pay the stupid price, then so be it...
I agree. Take someone with a back yard pole barn body shop. Has the talent. Is an enthusiast. Has the time. Wants a Shelby. While some will say a guy like that paid stupid money well he had to out bid someone and he knows pretty much what his end cost would be and is OK with it. I'm sure he would make $$$ on the car when done.

What do you think it would cost a back yard enthusiast to bring this car to a super nice level? 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bigblock

Quote from: Greg on May 24, 2018, 08:17:52 PM

What do you think it would cost a back yard enthusiast to bring this car to a super nice level?

For parts you would have to decide on buying assemblyline, NOS, good used original or go the repro route. Big difference in cost.

FL SAAC

gentlemen, we can rebuild it
we have the technology
we have the capability to make it better than it was.
this shelby will be that shelby.
better, stronger, faster.....

qoute from the six million dollar man, i mean car.....

Thank you Steve Austin
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Ldouble619

tesgt350

Quote from: Ldouble619 on May 25, 2018, 11:36:23 AM
Haters gonna hate.
Actually, that's: "Haters gonna Hate Hate Hate"...........