News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

No more CJ's Pony Parts for me

Started by hurlbird, June 11, 2022, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: chris NOS on June 13, 2022, 03:41:38 PM
Why not buying from Virginia classic mustang ??? Brant is a SAAC Member for many years, he is spending his own money to reproduce some parts that nobody else would do, and he is helpfull when you want to know witch parts will fit and is quality done   :)
Next time you ll know , ;)
That could be a new topic. What's new in reproduction parts. When you say Brant does parts nobody else would do my assumption is that would be a part for a low production vehicle. I'm curious now on what he has produced. Locally here in Detroit a few have made up parts like that sometimes from the original vendors. I buy locally from NPD but that is even a challenge for good parts sometimes. I remember many years ago I'd hear Drake repo parts are great. Well I took back most of the parts I bought and searched out NOS parts instead for my 68 Shelby. One of the ones I did use didn't last in quality.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Quote from: crossboss on June 13, 2022, 03:57:12 PM
Kentucky Mustang for me. Great people, great service, good reasonable prices.
CJ Pony Parts is a shady company...
I had a few dealings with Ky Mustang. Ordered a dash pad off of Ebay. Great price for the "good one". Then I met up with them at Columbus and bought some other parts off of them. They were very cordial and good parts.
As Tony(SAAC FL) mentioned I have had good dealings over the years talking with Terry(seemed that is who I would get when calling and asking questions about a certain part) at Branda. I've dealt with Tony Sr since the early 80s  at shows and he had always been cordial and spent the time talking with me. Gave me some good advice. Some good stories. RIP Tony.
   NPD I have known Scott who does the Mustang catalog for years now(MGR) at the Canton Mi store. We go back decades. When ever I saw a problem with the catalog or certain things like vert quarter  seals listed as 69-70 but 70s only he changed the catalog and looked to get the 69s made up(which they did).

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 14, 2022, 06:01:38 AM
Quote from: crossboss on June 13, 2022, 03:57:12 PM
Kentucky Mustang for me. Great people, great service, good reasonable prices.
CJ Pony Parts is a shady company...
I had a few dealings with Ky Mustang. Ordered a dash pad off of Ebay. Great price for the "good one". Then I met up with them at Columbus and bought some other parts off of them. They were very cordial and good parts.
As Tony(SAAC FL) mentioned I have had good dealings over the years talking with Terry(seemed that is who I would get when calling and asking questions about a certain part) at Branda. I've dealt with Tony Sr since the early 80s  at shows and he had always been cordial and spent the time talking with me. Gave me some good advice. Some good stories. RIP Tony.
   NPD I have known Scott who does the Mustang catalog for years now(MGR) at the Canton Mi store. We go back decades. When ever I saw a problem with the catalog or certain things like vert quarter  seals listed as 69-70 but 70s only he changed the catalog and looked to get the 69s made up(which they did).

You mentioned key people : Terry,  Scott, Tony Sr and Tony Jr is a great source also
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

s2ms

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 14, 2022, 05:01:39 AM
Why not buying from Virginia classic mustang ??? Brant is a SAAC Member for many years, he is spending his own money to reproduce some parts that nobody else would do, and he is helpfull when you want to know witch parts will fit and is quality done   :)
That could be a new topic. What's new in reproduction parts. When you say Brant does parts nobody else would do my assumption is that would be a part for a low production vehicle. I'm curious now on what he has produced. Locally here in Detroit a few have made up parts like that sometimes from the original vendors. I buy locally from NPD but that is even a challenge for good parts sometimes. I remember many years ago I'd hear Drake repo parts are great. Well I took back most of the parts I bought and searched out NOS parts instead for my 68 Shelby. One of the ones I did use didn't last in quality.

This link shows the exclusive parts Brant sells at VCM...

https://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/Search.aspx?k=Virginia+Classic+Mustang+Exclusive
Dave - 6S1757

shelbymann1970

Quote from: s2ms on June 14, 2022, 12:47:38 PM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 14, 2022, 05:01:39 AM

This link shows the exclusive parts Brant sells at VCM...

https://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/Search.aspx?k=Virginia+Classic+Mustang+Exclusive
thanks
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Chrisbgt

Quote from: crossboss on June 13, 2022, 06:28:44 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 13, 2022, 05:16:29 PM
I think we all have to find out the hard way, for me it was over 10 years ago and a bumper. Have not bought a parts since from there. I have used Branda since and others.
However, I have just had a incident with Branda Performance where I called about two large parts (shipping was almost 200$) that I wanted delivered to Ford Carlise, I called too late as they already left. I asked the person if they would call them and find out if they might somehow get it there, to which I was told they did not know their cell number. The two parts were over 1000.00 and it was no bid deal that the parts would not be there, after all it was my fault, I called too late. BUT what frosted me was the attitude I got over the phone. It wasn't the fact that I would not be able to get the parts and save on the shipping, it was the phone conversation.

I have had the same results with Branda's employees...rude. To be fair, one guy (sorry, don't remember his name) was very nice and helpful. Years ago in the early 80s, when I first stared dealing with them I spoke with Tony himself because they shipped the wrong part to me...same result...rude, with an attitude. Its always been my feeling they are doing you a 'favor' by selling their parts.

Bigfoot

This
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

kingchief

VCM, Brant and his team [Michelle] are the best...period.

Steve
SFM 6S406