News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

tailshaft housing question

Started by onelimegold, June 12, 2022, 11:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onelimegold

Hi !    I think my very late GT500 was born with a C7 tail shaft housing instead of the usual C6 . My main case is a C5 with RUG-S tag .  In your opinion , is it possible ??  if not ,then i`ll be looking for the C6  .  thx !! Reggie .

shelbydoug

I think that there is a casting date on the tailshaft. If that date is before the Ford build date of the car by at least two weeks then it is possible if not likely.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

J_Speegle

Quote from: shelbydoug on June 12, 2022, 12:36:34 PM
I think that there is a casting date on the tailshaft. If that date is before the Ford build date of the car by at least two weeks then it is possible if not likely.

IMHO that would be real tight if not very unlikely. Consider that the tail shaft would need to be cast at one plant, sent to the transmission plant that assembled the (also machining it there or the casting plant), then shipped the assembled transmission to San Jose on the other side of the country.

Haven't studied when the change over or when we first start seeing the C7's enter production. But for this question start with the casting dates and the serial number on the transmission tag and go from there   
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

brandosaac

If youre thinking you need a correct  -D tail , I will have one within a few weeks
send me a PM if youd like to be contacted once I get it

brandosaac

I  now have a C6OR-7A040-D that id be willing to sell.
If you have interest or want pics send me a PM

FL SAAC

Quote from: onelimegold on June 12, 2022, 11:27:59 AM
Hi !    I think my very late GT500 was born with a C7 tail shaft housing instead of the usual C6 . My main case is a C5 with RUG-S tag .  In your opinion , is it possible ??  if not ,then i`ll be looking for the C6  .  thx !! Reggie .

Did you ever resolve your issue ?

Wondering what results you got ?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert