Author Topic: quick hub cap question  (Read 965 times)

redpony

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
quick hub cap question
« on: June 14, 2022, 05:29:08 PM »
I'm going through a bunch of parts in storage and found these GT hubcaps [tried attaching a photo - didn't work - but they are the standard dog bowl hubcaps with a red GT logo, with chrome beauty trim with lots of slots].  Looking it up 'they' say it is for a '68 Torino, etc.  I've never owned a Torino and don't know anyone that did - but I did own a '69 Mach 1, 64-1/2 Mustang and a '68 Shelby.  Could someone shed some light as to what they were on?  I'm guessing the Mach I since I remember replacing the wheels.  I doubt they came from the Shelby since there are plenty of them available on ebay, with no mention of these in any of my Shelby reference books - but just wanted to confirm that was not the case. Thx!

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: quick hub cap question
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 05:32:42 PM »
If I understand your description it sounds like you found some center caps from styled steel wheels used in 68 and 69 Mustangs

No these wheels were not originally installed on any Shelby's

« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 05:35:36 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

papa scoops

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 07:13:04 PM »
these were used on 68 69 torino gt and 68 mustang gt. may have been also used on 69 mustang gt, but not sure. scoops

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 09:27:40 PM »
these were used on 68 69 torino gt and 68 mustang gt. may have been also used on 69 mustang gt, but not sure. scoops

+1
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

bobg

• SAAC Member
  • CAR 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 09:01:01 AM »
                    I had anew MACH 1 in 69 it came with those hub caps but without the GT.
                                                                                                                   bobg

redpony

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 09:42:09 AM »
                    I had anew MACH 1 in 69 it came with those hub caps but without the GT.
                                                                                                                   bobg

Thanks!  I guess that explains where they came from (can't imagine why I didn't give them to the person I sold the car to!). 

redpony

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 09:44:05 AM »
If I understand your description it sounds like you found some center caps from styled steel wheels used in 68 and 69 Mustangs

No these wheels were not originally installed on any Shelby's

Yep - those are the ones!  Thanks, guys, for your comments - and answer to my question.