News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What speed part do you identify as today?

Started by deathsled, June 14, 2022, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

For me, today I identify as a Cross Boss intake with an inline Autolite 875 cfm carburetor bolted to the engine of a 1969 Boss 302 Trans Am car.  Feeling good and very thirsty for high octane gasoline and dreaming of yesteryear.  It is great to be able to be whatever you want to be in this life.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

Long duration camshaft.    With an "oh yeah" in Barry White deep baritone.

I had to beat the rest of you to that one... ;D
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

crossboss

Quote from: deathsled on June 14, 2022, 03:56:20 PM
For me, today I identify as a Cross Boss intake with an inline Autolite 1425 cfm carburetor bolted to the engine of a 1969 Boss 302 Trans Am car.  Feeling good and very thirsty for high octane gasoline and dreaming of yesteryear.  It is great to be able to be whatever you want to be in this life.

A bit of correction is needed. The large 'B' 1425 Inline carb was not used on the Cross-Boss. The smaller 'A' 875 cfm version was.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

Quote from: crossboss on June 14, 2022, 04:25:05 PM
Quote from: deathsled on June 14, 2022, 03:56:20 PM
For me, today I identify as a Cross Boss intake with an inline Autolite 1425 cfm carburetor bolted to the engine of a 1969 Boss 302 Trans Am car.  Feeling good and very thirsty for high octane gasoline and dreaming of yesteryear.  It is great to be able to be whatever you want to be in this life.

A bit of correction is needed. The large 'B' 1425 Inline carb was not used on the Cross-Boss. The smaller 'A' 875 cfm version was.
Correction will be noted.

TA Coupe

Also the crossboss was never used in Trans Am as it was outlawed by the S CCA before it ever got going.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

deathsled

Quote from: TA Coupe on June 14, 2022, 06:51:07 PM
Also the crossboss was never used in Trans Am as it was outlawed by the S CCA before it ever got going.

Roy

That part I did know.  But what one identifies with and reality are two different things.  Don't tell anyone though.  It could result in a cancelation plus a closure of your bank account, loss of passport, revocation of driver's license, essentially your whole way of life.  Social credit anyone?