Author Topic: E15  (Read 788 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
E15
« on: June 14, 2022, 11:53:10 AM »
I am reasonably certain that I posted this site once before.  Here it is again to combat the scourge of cognitive dissonance these days.
https://www.pure-gas.org/
Some info may be out of date. As an addendum, I submit that although some of the information was posted years ago does not mean said information is out of date. If the information is still good, then there is no reason to update it.  Therefore do your due diligence.  Good luck. Here in Chicagoland I'm screwed. No pure gas to be found. I might start my own refinery in my backyard.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 11:59:54 AM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

jk66gt350

• View Profile
Re: E15
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 04:21:57 PM »
Still one near me, which is good, but I have to say I have not gone out of my way to find ethanol free gas for years for the Shelby or the 70 Cougar I had until recently.  Other 93 octane available in my area likely has had 5-10% ethanol for the past several years, but neither I or classic car buds of mine have ever had any issues running it and we all store our cars for 6 months of the year (with some gas stabilizer). 

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 04:27:45 PM »
Plenty in Eastern Pa ( Lancaster,Berks county )The only way to run your lawn equipment .

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 09:39:39 PM »
Plenty in Eastern Pa ( Lancaster,Berks county )The only way to run your lawn equipment .
+1   I had about 2 years in a row where a few of my lawn gear (riding mower, push mower, power edger) wouldn't run.   The local small engine repair told me to switch to True Fuel for the last mow of each year.  Do my regular year end oil change, spark plug change, clean/replace air filers.  I did that but then the Buc-EE's opened a few miles from us with alcohol free fuel.  I switch to that in all the mowers and the old Mustangs and ended the issue of no-start after sitting thru the winters.
The Denton Texas Buc-EE's shows E87 and E93 alcohol free.  Nope, only the 93 Alcohol free.  Their pumps are impressive.  EACH will dispense three grades of unleaded, diesel and the 93 Alcohol free stuff. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 09:58:04 PM »
Around here 100 low lead from the local airport is the secret. Many CA airports are trying to only sell unleaded 94 which is still fine since it's still alcohol free.
A lot of cars will have drivability problems on E15.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2022, 10:08:31 PM »
E15 will definitely interfere with my gasoline fetish.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2022, 10:29:23 PM »
Use only non-e fuel in the 66 GT350 and wife's 65 Mustang GT conv.  While rated at 89, it feels stronger than that and both cars are tuned for it.  No issues, even when cars sit for a few weeks.  I do add a little stabilizer.  Since I live near a marina with boats, non-e at the pump easily available and priced right now at same as 89 E10.  It used to be about ten to fifteen cents higher than premium, now lower.  Must be the corn commodity market increase on e additives. 8)