News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 GT500 rear axle id label

Started by shelbydoug, January 30, 2021, 09:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68stangcjfb

As I recall, there was a 67 Brittany blue coupe 289 2 Barrel car With very low mileage in there. Might be a tag on that one too even though it's has an 8 inch rear.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

J_Speegle

Here are some 67 examples though not 67 GT500's. Also helps illustrate the location asked about earlier in the thread. Would like to say thanks to all the people shared and sent pictures as well as documentation of this and other details over the decades while I have a moment to do so.

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbydoug

So it is most common to have the label applied on the outside of the u-bolts nearer the shock mount?

Printed crooked like that isn't easy to do. That's going to take some work in the software to duplicate that one?

I haven't looked at the tag YET but is that printed code also on the tag?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 31, 2021, 07:48:46 AM
So it is most common to have the label applied on the outside of the u-bolts nearer the shock mount?

Printed crooked like that isn't easy to do. That's going to take some work in the software to duplicate that one?

I haven't looked at the tag YET but is that printed code also on the tag?
Inside , outside or straddle of the inner U bolt is the typical location because it varied .As has already been mentioned the code on the paper tag is typically the same as the axle code stamped into the metal rear end tag. It is typically 3 digits in the case of the Shelby.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

csheff

Wouldn't most all Gt-500's tags, engine and axle be the same? Except for special order ones.

J_Speegle

Quote from: csheff on January 31, 2021, 12:47:43 PM
Wouldn't most all Gt-500's tags, engine and axle be the same? Except for special order ones.

No With GT500's you have variations that come into play like thermactor which comes into play and is reflected in the VIN and in turn the engine tag and label. Don't know what you mean by "special order ones" since all Shelbys were ordered and processed as "special orders" in the paperwork, building and processing
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: csheff on January 31, 2021, 12:47:43 PM
Speaking specifically to the rear axle ID paper labels you have different ratios depending on transmission and or if A/C. Consequently they will not be all the same. Engines tags are similarly different. Typically no special ordered odd ball rear end ratios etc. That was left up to the selling dealer to install if someone was willing to pay.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

I was under the distinct impression that the labels wrapped completely around the banjo tube completely. In that light, these pictures really help explain the original application.

Thank you for that.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 02, 2021, 07:48:22 AM
I was under the distinct impression that the labels wrapped completely around the banjo tube completely. In that light, these pictures really help explain the original application.

Thank you for that.
The original one that I took off of 0001 did not wrap all the way around the tube ether as the pictures imply.

shelbydoug

Looks to be about the size of a current shipping label, 4 x 6?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!