Author Topic: Great scene from Goldeneye of girl in a Ferrari and Bond's Aston Martin  (Read 1038 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Italian drifting techniques. 8)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Bellisima !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I'd take the British girl. She aged well.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Not Bond's DB5 - IMHO. I'm still waiting for a Felix Leiter to drive up in a Studillac - https://flemingsbond.com/studillac/

James Bond's iconic Aston Martin, valued at $25 million, vanished from a hangar in Florida in 1997.

The iconic 1963 Aston Martin DB5 car used in early James Bond films like “Goldfinger” and “Thunderball” has been found after being stolen 25 years ago, NME reported.

The car, which is valued to be worth over $25 million, mysteriously vanished from a reportedly secure hangar at a Boca Raton, Florida, airport in 1997. Now 25 years later, the car has been found by Art Recovery International, a group that finds stolen luxury items, according to The Telegraph.

The group said that an unnamed individual was able to verify the car through its serial number, confirming it is the one that went missing, NME reported.

The exact whereabouts of the car made famous by Sean Connery in the 007 films has not yet been revealed, but according to the report obtained by The Telegraph it is located in a “private setting” somewhere in the Middle East, The Edinburgh Evening News reported.

Now the SA trivia. Which Shelby driving champion worked at Bill Frick Motors on the Studillac where he met and became friends with Shelby when he repaired his Maserati for him after it was declared unfixable by others? It was that Julliard trained trumpet player Jerry Titus.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Not Bond's DB5 - IMHO. I'm still waiting for a Felix Leiter to drive up in a Studillac - https://flemingsbond.com/studillac/

James Bond's iconic Aston Martin, valued at $25 million, vanished from a hangar in Florida in 1997.

The iconic 1963 Aston Martin DB5 car used in early James Bond films like “Goldfinger” and “Thunderball” has been found after being stolen 25 years ago, NME reported.

The car, which is valued to be worth over $25 million, mysteriously vanished from a reportedly secure hangar at a Boca Raton, Florida, airport in 1997. Now 25 years later, the car has been found by Art Recovery International, a group that finds stolen luxury items, according to The Telegraph.

The group said that an unnamed individual was able to verify the car through its serial number, confirming it is the one that went missing, NME reported.

The exact whereabouts of the car made famous by Sean Connery in the 007 films has not yet been revealed, but according to the report obtained by The Telegraph it is located in a “private setting” somewhere in the Middle East, The Edinburgh Evening News reported.

Now the SA trivia. Which Shelby driving champion worked at Bill Frick Motors on the Studillac where he met and became friends with Shelby when he repaired his Maserati for him after it was declared unfixable by others? It was that Julliard trained trumpet player Jerry Titus.

FL, FL, FL why does it ALWAYS  have to be FL .... LOL !
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 03:50:30 PM by FL SAAC »

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I remember that theft.  I believe the insurance carrier paid out though the strongly suspected and inside job.  So if the vehicle is fully recovered, the insurance carrier owns the rights to the salvage.  A very interesting story.  Perhaps the James Dean 550 wreckage is somewhere over there as well.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I remember that theft.  I believe the insurance carrier paid out though the strongly suspected and inside job.  So if the vehicle is fully recovered, the insurance carrier owns the rights to the salvage.  A very interesting story.  Perhaps the James Dean 550 wreckage is somewhere over there as well.

Where is James Deans porshaaaaa?
FL
 Where is Jimmies gt500 ?
FL

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
How are you getting a signal to respond now?  Aren't you sailing in shark infested water out of range?

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
We bailed when we saw this coming

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile

FL, FL, FL why does it ALWAYS  have to be FL .... LOL !

I believe you meant Flori-DUH!!  LOL
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30