News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

SFM5S112 on Ebay

Started by 5s386, June 16, 2022, 06:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C6ZZGT

So is the price right ? high ? low ?
6R07A143871,since 10/83
selling parts since 1981.

5s386

SFM5S112 was for sale September 2021 in the same city and state on Ebay. I'm not sure if it's the same owner.

Hard for me to put a value on it unless I have a 65 Shelby expert inspection.

Greg

With some 65's pushing into the $500-$600K range I would say thats a fair price. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

98SVT - was 06GT

Depends on what you want. It's a street car turned into an R clone. I'm sure the work is first rate but how many original parts are still there? It does have some early race history (and logbook?) so that should get it invited to the "real" historic races. I'll wager it didn't have the R Model mods in 1971 though. The FIA cert opens the vintage race market up to the guys with Euro and Goodwood money.
$400 is right where it should start - depending on an inspection and report from Howard.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Greg on June 16, 2022, 10:18:26 PM
With some 65's pushing into the $500-$600K range I would say thats a fair price.
It looks like wonderful well done track car. Of course that price value estimation depends on whether you convert it back to stock specifications or leave it in modified race trim. Many buyers are restoring these older track cars back to stock .  It may not look like much but there is a significant amount of labor ,materials and original parts which equals $ to undo the superior race car workmanship that Cobra Automotive put into the car if converting it back to look unmodified stock.  At least 50  to 150 K in restoration costs depending to what level of stock that you take it IMO. FYI I am not referring to DIV I ether. At least from what I see in the pictures. Just my opinion others may have a different one.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

camp upshur

Unibody looks intact. Title seems clear. Car presents well in present trim.
Is it possible to buy into a 65 any cheaper?
Not a 'stocker', appears to have an m-1, what has really been altered?

Cobra Automotive prep nothing to be laughed at. These cars cut their teeth as the premier club racers. Not bad.
Although this car could be 'pulled back'', w/o structural issues- why? 
At 395k, there's still room to do that.

KR Convertible

Picture #10 will take some undoing!   ;D

Bob Gaines

Quote from: camp upshur on June 17, 2022, 02:20:39 AM
Unibody looks intact. Title seems clear. Car presents well in present trim.
Is it possible to buy into a 65 any cheaper?
Not a 'stocker', appears to have an m-1, what has really been altered?

Cobra Automotive prep nothing to be laughed at. These cars cut their teeth as the premier club racers. Not bad.
Although this car could be 'pulled back'', w/o structural issues- why? 
At 395k, there's still room to do that.
Like I said it looks like wonderful well done track car . I see racing reinforcements that indicate other possible "enhancements" . If they are like I have seen on other Cobra Automotive prepared cars then very labor intensive because they are hard to undo. Like a onion there are many layers not readily seen in pictures. Of course if a track car is what you want then you stop there. If restoring back to bone stock not so much.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

5s386

Independent raced in 1971 with large rear flares, caged, and replaced driver's fender. Wrecked and rolled in past.

Cobra Automotive did a good restoration, with 1965 period R model specs.

I would leave it the way it is, and just race it, IMO.

5s386

Two hours to go. If I had the money, I would make an offer. Whoever wants to get in to the racing circuits, this may be the Shelby.

FL SAAC

Kool car, good luck to the seller
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert