Author Topic: Most Fun States in America  (Read 1820 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Most Fun States in America
« on: June 22, 2022, 09:02:26 AM »
Don't shoot the messenger,  Martha ( yes Martha Stewart,  go out and read different topics expand your minds) say these are the most funnest states. 

I kinda disagree,  FL should be # 1

What do you think  ?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:29:35 AM by FL SAAC »
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
Re: Most Fun States in America
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 09:57:31 AM »
Yeah Illinois....so much fun that you might be in a bag coming home! FUN!
RARE  Signature Delete

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 06:14:51 PM »
Don't put too much faith in these polls from celebrities. California did have its greatness. However not any more. That said, to a 'tourist', California still has its appeal--Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Disneyland, the beaches, the Golden Gate Bridge, etc. I can not comment about Florida--never been there. I DO see the appeal to Nevada (Las Vegas), its a 24 hour fun town, get/do anything you want. It's named 'Sin City' for a reason!

I can say for certain these are the dumpy/worthless, don't waste your time states:
Illinois, Texas, New York (NY city), New Jersey, and Minnesota. Why, you say? I lived in TX and MN. I visited the others....don't kill the messenger!! lol
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 06:19:36 PM by crossboss »
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 10:28:59 PM »
ILL-Annoy (Illinois).  Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha ah ha Ha ha! Fun if you like dodging bullets in Cook County. I rank Illinois let me see...ah yes, number 51. So why do I live here? Professional licensing keeps me here plus I seem to have, metaphorically speaking, run out of rocket fuel to escape. Illinois would be a truly great state if it served as a central wrecking yard to deposit all wrecks from every state.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 10:33:01 PM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 10:29:13 PM »
My worthless two cents...
All of those Eastern, Southern, and Mid-West states have one thing in common: Bugs, mosquitos, humidity, too much rain, floods, tornados, hurricanes, snow (East and Mid West), alligators/sinkholes (South), snakes, snapping turtles, and lastly some odd people. My experience. Its not a bag on those places, just a bit of reality. Florida beaches appeal to me: crystal clear water, and sugar sand. Some day I wish to visit there....on the gulf/west side of the state. Miami, I have no desire. California WAS a great place to be born and raised as a kid back in the 1970s-1980s. The 1990s was the period in time it started to go to hell in a hand basket. Nowadays, it is a pure $hithole. Sad. My fond memories: the beach, cars, the mountains, the beautiful girls, and the industry I worked in (movies and TV), it was a glorious time. I will cherish it in my memories.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 11:49:12 PM by crossboss »
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 02:09:07 AM »
California is just fine,thanks….

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 03:29:25 AM »
Recently moved to Florida from Pennsylvania  (two years ago).  Love the endless summer- just make sure you have a pool.  I love how easy it is to make new friends in Florida.  Since nobody is from Florida everyone is open and looking to meet people.  I made more friends in 2 years than I did in 30 in PA.  Everyone already has established friends in PA, which makes meeting people harder.

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 04:52:08 AM »
I´m a german but I was so often in the US and the list is very special because as you can see here everybody has his favourites. I dont like the hot weather and I need woods, lakes and not to many people arround me and I also like the states at the coasts like washington, rhode island, maine etc. but Colorado, Utah, Minnesota and so on are also really nice. I spent a lot of time in NC also and I really love it even if its hot there.

I think there is no 1st place and no 50th place because the USA are a great country and really every state is a bit different and interesting, for me its the whole thing that makes every state great on its own, the people, the landscape and much more. Be proud of every state you have because its a piece of the great USA
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 08:12:42 AM »
Recently moved to Florida from Pennsylvania  (two years ago).  Love the endless summer- just make sure you have a pool.  I love how easy it is to make new friends in Florida.  Since nobody is from Florida everyone is open and looking to meet people.  I made more friends in 2 years than I did in 30 in PA.  Everyone already has established friends in PA, which makes meeting people harder.

+ 1

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 08:13:04 AM »
I´m a german but I was so often in the US and the list is very special because as you can see here everybody has his favourites. I dont like the hot weather and I need woods, lakes and not to many people arround me and I also like the states at the coasts like washington, rhode island, maine etc. but Colorado, Utah, Minnesota and so on are also really nice. I spent a lot of time in NC also and I really love it even if its hot there.

I think there is no 1st place and no 50th place because the USA are a great country and really every state is a bit different and interesting, for me its the whole thing that makes every state great on its own, the people, the landscape and much more. Be proud of every state you have because its a piece of the great USA

Very true

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 09:42:21 AM »
Let's visits Martha's list :

Cali was a wonderful place many moons ago. We don't believe it should be ranked # 1 or in the top 10

Nevada nice state been there done that, pass

New York had family living there for 30 plus years, guess where they reside today?  FL

Illinois been there it's a nice place to visit, but I would not like to call it home

Colorado beautiful country, but again I pass

Washington  a hard pass

Texas viewed real estate a few years ago great deals, but that brown water
turned us off

Minnesota visited it, you have to be a snowman to live there, pass, pass, pass

Louisiana more crocs gators than FL in those murky waters. A big passer (French for pass)

Hawaii the ALOHA STATE was not in the top 10, we think it should be.

Who should be # 1 ?

Toss up Hawaii or FL

But Florida has the longest coastline of the lower 48 states, boasting approximately 1,350 miles of coastline

Got to call Martha tonight

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 10:31:04 AM »
California is just fine,thanks….

Really? Its a dump. This is why I left, and many others are too.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 11:09:59 AM »
I have never been to California. I do have a Southern Pacific Railroad promo video from the fifties. Men all wearing hats, women in dresses, pristine clean everywhere and the stewards are making bank on tips. I want to remember it that way, paradise lost.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 05:43:32 PM »
Great place to live. 8)

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 08:43:35 PM »
Great place to live. 8)

Where do you reside in Ca? Must be deep in the woods to think its a great place to live.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30