Author Topic: 1967/68 big block fe engine mounting plates.  (Read 989 times)

V8Dave

• View Profile
1967/68 big block fe engine mounting plates.
« on: June 23, 2022, 07:51:13 PM »
Hello everyone.
I am currently looking for a pair of original 67/68 gt390/gt500 big block ford fe engine mounting plates. The plates that bolt to either side of the engine block which then allows the engine to attach to the rubber/metal engine mounts. I believe the factory part number is c7zz-6046 if I'm correct.
I'm not sure if there is a difference between 67/68 big blocks as regards the engine mounting plates or if they are the same? The ones Im after will be going On a 67 big block if that helps.
If any body has a set(pair) or can help me please send me a email.
Many thanks
Dave.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 1967/68 big block fe engine mounting plates.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 11:00:40 PM »
Hello everyone.
I am currently looking for a pair of original 67/68 gt390/gt500 big block ford fe engine mounting plates. The plates that bolt to either side of the engine block which then allows the engine to attach to the rubber/metal engine mounts. I believe the factory part number is c7zz-6046 if I'm correct.
I'm not sure if there is a difference between 67/68 big blocks as regards the engine mounting plates or if they are the same? The ones Im after will be going On a 67 big block if that helps.
If any body has a set(pair) or can help me please send me a email.
Many thanks
Dave.
67-70 are the same. The repros are very accurate. It is  rare that you find any used that are show quality after over 50 years exposed to the elements.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

V8Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 03:21:31 AM »
Thanks for the information and help Mr Gaines. Now I know 67-70 are the same and If the reproductions are very accurate I will be happy to purchase a set from someone on the forum who maybe has them.
Many thanks again for the help.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 10:27:13 AM »
Thanks for the information and help Mr Gaines. Now I know 67-70 are the same and If the reproductions are very accurate I will be happy to purchase a set from someone on the forum who maybe has them.
Many thanks again for the help.
NPD sells them but they show out of stock .Mansfield Mustang is a reliable and well thought of vendor specializing in fe bigblocks who may have the engine motor mount plates .  http://mansfieldmustang.com/EngineMechanicalp2.html
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

V8Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 04:59:38 PM »
Hello Mr Gaines.
Thank you for the help and guidance. I contacted bill at Mansfield mustang however unfortunately none in stock. Hopefully maybe a fellow forum member may have a set.
Many thanks again Mr Gaines.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 05:25:29 PM »
Hello Mr Gaines.
Thank you for the help and guidance. I contacted bill at Mansfield mustang however unfortunately none in stock. Hopefully maybe a fellow forum member may have a set.
Many thanks again Mr Gaines.
I hope a forum member steps up with a extra set to sell but you may want to check with others larger Mustang vendors . I think Perogie enterprises is the source or at least they used to be when the plates were first reproed .  http://www.perogie.com/

V8Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 05:47:07 PM »
Appreciate the the guidance and help mr Gaines and thank you for the information.

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 08:17:04 AM »
I ordered a set of those block plates from Perogie. They were drop shipped from Crites.

https://critesperformanceparts.com/page8
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock