News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

In Desperate need of date accurate jack and spare steel wheel

Started by tbrissett, June 30, 2022, 08:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrissett

LOOKING for a jack and spare steel wheel date code accurate, for our 1968 GT350, dated April of 1968. ANY help or ANYONE willing to sell these, please e-mail me ASAP !!!!!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: tbrissett on June 30, 2022, 08:15:49 AM
LOOKING for a jack and spare steel wheel date code accurate, for our 1968 GT350, dated April of 1968. ANY help or ANYONE willing to sell these, please e-mail me ASAP !!!!!
Just so that you know ,unlike what has been reported by others not all 67-70 style Mustang/Shelby
jacks are date stamped . Undated jack versions are as prevalent as dated ones through out production from the hundreds that I have encountered in my 40 plus years of parts hunting. I suspect that the dated jacks may have been a identifier for the mfg in the pile/pallet etc. of undated ones. This info will help you widen your net for appropriate assembyline correct possible candidates. On the other hand dated steel wheels were more the rule then the exception .Best of luck with your search.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby