News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

PCV Paint

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, June 30, 2022, 11:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

On my 69 GT500, I have done a dry run on the PVC system and am now getting read to take it off and paint it.  I need to know what parts get Ford blue and what does NOT get painted. Especially which brass fittings or clamps get what????  Thanks

Coralsnake

Everything gets painted blue including the clamps. Including both front and rear intake fittings.

The square block on top of the pcv had minimal overspray, the pcv usually no paint

The accessories block screwed into the rear fitting was natural brass.

J_Speegle

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 30, 2022, 11:15:59 AM
Everything gets painted blue including the clamps. Including both front and rear intake fittings.

The square block on top of the pcv had minimal overspray, the pcv usually no paint

The accessories block screwed into the rear fitting was natural brass.

+1  For the tube out to the PVC - just depended on how far the painters sprayed rearward on that assembly that time. Varied by 4 inches or so depending on the example based on what I've seen. Sometimes light overspray on the PVC to no spray on the last 4 inches just faded at the rear edge of the paint
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge