News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Barrett Jackson - Eleanor vs 1968 GT500KR

Started by FL SAAC, July 02, 2022, 06:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Just watched a 1967 Eleanor sell for $250,000 next inline a 1968 GT500KR sold for $230,000

Your thoughts?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Apples and Oranges - Restored old car vs "new" restomod show car. It's all about the labor expended.

The build was done to show-car specifications, including gaps, panel fitment, paint and body with great attention to detail. A smoothed cowl, custom Eleanor hood with Eddie Motorsport billet hood hinges, GT500-style wheels, and a tucked and narrowed steel bumper round out the exterior appearance. Even the underside of the hood and decklid are fully finished. Motivated by a Ford Performance Coyote 5.0-liter engine mated to a TKO 600 6-speed manual transmission with hydraulic Centerforce clutch. It comes equipped with disc brakes on all four wheels with a Baer master cylinder, custom Scott's Hot Rod suspension featuring tubular A-arms, sway bar, adjustable QA1 coilovers up front and QA1 adjustable coilovers in the rear as well as a rebuilt 9-inch Ford rear end with 3.70 gears. Additionally, its equipped with a custom-built aluminum radiator with dual electric fans and front cover, MagnaFlow exhaust and a custom fuel-injection fuel tank. Finished in Axalta Pepper Gray with black stripes and sprayed with six coats of high-solids clear over a black interior. 
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Good Lord another E just sold for $300k. !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Some people have more money than sense.Don't see any Eleanor replica as a sound long term investment...

crossboss

Resto-Mods have been bringing more money than restored cars for a while now. Yes, 'new money' wants drivers, cars they can get into and have fun...with the performance/reliability of the modern drivelines, brakes, etc. with the 'look' of the vintage car. Makes sense. However, that said, it is to each his own. There will always be followers of the 'correct' cars, and the followers of the Resto-Mods. Right now, its the Resto-Mods time in the sun. Will this trend last? Time will tell...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Well gone in 60 seconds wasn't exactly Citizen Kane so as far as anything related standing "the test of time".....Conversely Shelby's of all stripes(pun intended)have done"pretty well" valuewise. 8)

crossboss

Quote from: 557 on July 04, 2022, 03:31:58 PM
Well gone in 60 seconds wasn't exactly Citizen Kane so as far as anything related standing "the test of time".....Conversely Shelby's of all stripes(pun intended)have done"pretty well" valuewise. 8)

Well, the original "Gone in Sixty Seconds" movie has.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

67 GT350

Both were overpriced, but the blue one, I would much rather have.
RARE  Signature Delete

Don Johnston

Personal preferences, personal money.  Not my choices, but that's okay as it's America!  8)