Author Topic: Mustang GT1 vintage racecar $7,000  (Read 1159 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Mustang GT1 vintage racecar $7,000
« on: July 03, 2022, 04:09:14 PM »
The car has a Speedway Engineering chassis with a 3 link quick change rear end and watts link. There is an extensive use of Tilton products. 3 disc clutch, starter, hydraulic clutch release along with brake master cylinders. JAZ Brake calipers use the same internals as Wilwood. The engine is a Ford Motorsport XE NASCAR pillow block. It has a billet steel crank producing est. 650 h.p. from 310 cu.in. The cylinder heads are Ford Motorsport A3 aluminum tall port with stainless rockers Titanium retainers and stud girdles. Carillo rods and Venolia pistons. Dry Sump with custom Olsen pan and a preheater in the oil tank assures no oiling problems or long idling sessions. MSD crank fire ignition and 8,000 limiter chip allowed this package to be clocked at 170 mph on Willow Springs front straight. The car raced originally at Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca and Sears point. It had several podiums.

When the car was purchased it lacked several parts. I have purchased some but you will need to get a Ford Toploader, shifter and a drive shaft. There is a new aluminum 850 CFM Holley Track Warrior Carburetor with proper AN fittings included. A current FIA rated seat is included with new mounting brackets. You’ll need to get your preferred brand of belts. There is a new GM one wire alternator. The Fuel Safe bladder should be replaced I’d run one of the poly cells in the existing Fuel Safe housing. You’ll need a windshield (stock glass or 5 Star Racing). The car was missing its 12x16 front wheels when purchased. Since it was to be a track day toy I purchased 8 - 15x10 NASCAR wheels and 16 new/used tires which should be good for a couple years of fun – or until you want to run 11/10. The car has custom cross over headers. To meet Laguna Seca noise limits 2 large Flow Masters were added and the exit was moved under the car. The SN95 body is complete and an entire set of body molds is included.

Also available (only with the car)
2020 Carson California open trailer with tongue box, 2 5/16 coupler, spare, xtra wide, 4 D ring tie downs  $3,100
https://www.carsontrailer.com/trailers/car-haulers/california/ 
TKO 600 Trans .82 5th, converted to Dog Box $1500 - you'll need to change to 26 spline clutch discs to use this trans.
2 gallons Eastwood Electric Yellow paint w/ reducers and hardeners $280

Car is SCCA legal for GT-1 and meets SVRA specs for their Group 10/GT2 with spoiler or GT4 with large wing

Possible trade +/- cash for pre 1976 Ford (60s 2 door or Wagon preferred) or Ford Think Neighbor

Photo: This is the current body on the car. My car had a new body and when the owner crashed his car he swapped it onto his. He put his old body on my chassis. The nose and hood currently on it are different colors 2nd photo is as purchased (complete body + molds included). 

More pictures or info: Brett Mac Donald bmacd68@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 06:06:39 PM by 98SVT - was 06GT »
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

gt350shelb

• View Profile
Re: Mustang GT1 vintage racecar $7,000
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 08:34:49 AM »
does it have log book? any history?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mustang GT1 vintage racecar $7,000
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 11:03:44 AM »
does it have log book? any history?
I only know the history from the original owner. He was still racing in Cal Club when I bought the car. He sent most of his pictures and the log book with the car when he sold it to a guy in Portland. I got some pix from the orig owner but no log book came with the car. Cal Club did put me in touch with the owner via their historic database of cars using the number on the cage 19-3272. I have tried to find owners after him to no avail. It's Cal Club history can be documented but you need to go to Button Willow to go through their stack of old records to do it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 11:08:18 AM by 98SVT - was 06GT »
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless