News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

A car near and dear to my heart

Started by deathsled, July 04, 2022, 12:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

General public: It's just a car.

My standardized response:  Wrong!

After a fresh pre-fourth of July wash...

https://youtu.be/WHDOuLJu3SM
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

acapulco350

very cool video

love that key ring !

happy 4th to all

FL SAAC

Great pictures,  nice touch with the motley crew song, look at your PM box made a few notations on some none concourism items noticed on vehicle. 

With my expert assistance we can get this to be a 101 point car.....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 04, 2022, 07:57:59 AM
Great pictures,  nice touch with the motley crew song, look at your PM box made a few notations on some none concourism items noticed on vehicle. 

Lol you funny...
Incidentally it's Radiohead...I thought of using Alice in Chains song Again but maybe too metal /grunge for most.

deathsled

Quote from: acapulco350 on July 04, 2022, 05:58:33 AM
very cool video

love that key ring !

happy 4th to all
Key ring is from back in the day.  I was looking for one a long long time that wouldn't break my bank. Thanks to Vernon Estes.

deathsled

As an aside, did I ever mention how much I love this car?
As a further addendum, I used a step ladder for the overhead shots and I can highly recommend it. Just be careful on said ladder. I make no warranties express or implied that you will not fall off of your own ladder. Balance carefully while holding the phone or other camera.

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on July 04, 2022, 10:52:01 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC on July 04, 2022, 07:57:59 AM

Lol you funny...
Incidentally it's Radiohead...I thought of using Alice in Chains song Again but maybe too metal /grunge for most.

I know trying to be humorous.....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Richard..... as you place this ring on Shelbys antenna , please repeat after me. With this ring, I thee wed and pledge you my love now and forever.

By the authority vested in me by the State of FL,  I now pronounce you husband and car, you may now honk her horns......

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 04, 2022, 07:57:59 AM........ look at your PM box made a few notations on some none concourism items noticed on vehicle.  With my expert assistance we can get this to be a 101 point car.....

I sold this car to Richard with the specific understanding that it would always be a day 2 car that was driven and enjoyed and not become a garage queen on a pedestal. I think he's done a great job with the car that I originally swapped $140 and a 1968 Tbird for. If he ever decides the tires are too skinny I can send him the 14x10 Ansen wheels that were on the car when I got it in 1975.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 05, 2022, 09:34:37 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on July 04, 2022, 07:57:59 AM........ look at your PM box made a few notations on some none concourism items noticed on vehicle.  With my expert assistance we can get this to be a 101 point car.....

I sold this car to Richard with the specific understanding that it would always be a day 2 car that was driven and enjoyed and not become a garage queen on a pedestal. I think he's done a great job with the car that I originally swapped $140 and a 1968 Tbird for. If he ever decides the tires are too skinny I can send him the 14x10 Ansen wheels that were on the car when I got it in 1975.
I had to look up Ansen wheels.  They look pretty cool.  They were 14 x 10 on all four corners?  I suspect there would be significant fender rubbing.  I still thank you for selling me your car.  It has enhanced the quality of my life over the years though there was a close call a number of years ago where I was going to sell the car after some shaky relationship problems.  That is all behind me now.  So far behind, it isn't even visible in my rearview mirror anymore.

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 05, 2022, 08:24:40 PM
Richard..... as you place this ring on Shelbys antenna , please repeat after me. With this ring, I thee wed and pledge you my love now and forever.

By the authority vested in me by the State of FL,  I now pronounce you husband and car, you may now honk her horns......

The man in a relationship with his car...and it's red too.  As featured on The Learning Channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06BFsQ_28Co

And meet the woman in love with her chandelier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQI8d1mw3Z4

We're...ahem...I mean they're out there.