News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Illinois taxpayers to fund buyers of electric vehicles

Started by deathsled, July 04, 2022, 01:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Coralsnake

Newsflash! You have already been subsidizing them for years.

deathsled

I have this sudden urge to sell my Shelby and buy a Tesla. Too bad the dealers are closed today. Maybe they will take her on a trade-in. Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Nothing wrong with electrics,especially right now,but Tesla's are junk(unless you enjoy a car where the bumpers fall off while you are driving and the gull wing doors leak) ::)

crossboss

Quote from: 557 on July 04, 2022, 02:29:26 PM
Nothing wrong with electrics,especially right now,but Tesla's are junk(unless you enjoy a car where the bumpers fall off while you are driving and the gull wing doors leak) ::)

Oh boy, here we go...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Grumpy

67 GT350

There is something very BIG wrong with pure electric cars.....it is called "THE GRID"

Electric cars are good in a Hybrid form where you can gas them up and the electric is secondary...not mandatory. Electric cars are good as long as there are gas cars.

the electric car is absolutely useless for us if I cannot leave Knoxville and get to Binghamton without a sleepover while it is charging up....that is just foolish. It is so foolish it is stupid, it is so stupid, its nutz.
RARE  Signature Delete

Corey Bowcutt

I have a Tesla as my daily driver. And I have to tell you I absolutely love it. There is a tremendous amount of miss information about these cars. Last month alone I drove it for Maryland to Detroit and Maryland to North Carolina and enjoyed both rides very much. Yes you have to stop and charge the car but most charges don't take more than 10 to 15 minutes there might've been one that took 30. It is truly not bad at all. And frankly at my age a break every two 2 1/2 hours is kind of nice for various reasons. It is certainly not for everybody and I understand that. With the money that I was spending per week to drive my car which was a diesel to work and back was starting to exceed $100 and it just got ridiculous so I jumped into the pool. And I can tell you at this point I have no regrets. It will never replace the feeling I get driving my Shelby but I could never use my Shelby as a daily driver.
Corey

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

roddster

Use your imagination and picture this:  A long train of coal cars.  The caption reads: Fuel for electric cars.

deathsled

Quote from: roddster on July 08, 2022, 07:53:54 PM
  Use your imagination and picture this:  A long train of coal cars.  The caption reads: Fuel for electric cars.
Easy to visualize...because it's true!

98SVT - was 06GT

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Ya kniw instead if going against the grain, we should all take their monies and buy teslatickle mobiles....

I have all UNGOLD cars