News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Will driverless cars be the death knell for auto racing?

Started by deathsled, July 04, 2022, 01:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Nope,what would be the point of that?Quickest computer? ::)

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

pbf777

It's not really the issue of if the cars turn electric will the sport be diminished; it's the fact that as has been shown over the decades and in many other forms of motorsports series, when the populus can no longer identify with, or even just identify what it is, they loose interest in the subject.  It has amazed me that most motorsports format plans all run the same; something is created which draws great attention, and even at times acclaim, then in order to keep the crowd interested with the new, never seen before strategies, each series transitions technologically into something few can understand, and economically that even fewer can dream of actually participating in.  So even with the greatest fanfare it dies, and then must be raised from the dead, often rebranded as the "new" format motorsport event or series, until the cycle just repeats itself...... again.   :o

The American populus today, as compared to decades ago, is no longer having its' love affair with the automobile; rather it is for the most part in our society today transitioning to something on par with an over-priced washer & dryer or other home appliances its' only consideration being necessity rather than whim.    :(

But, this ride has lasted longer than that of the actual American western cowboy and his horse era!    ::)

Scott.

98SVT - was 06GT

All the F1 guys practice for hours on simulators. Eventually with advances in computer speed and graphics they will sit in a race cockpit in their cushy Monaco homes and race against each other on different circuits pre-programed with pit falls for the teams to overcome. We'll be allowed to stream the "races" for a fee to our wrist TVs or at home with our full immersive 3D goggles and surround sound. They will be forced to make this move after the mandated E-F1 fails to draw a crowd and people prefer watching the banned ICE 18,000 rpm V10 cars from days gone by.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert