News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

How to survive an active shooter

Started by deathsled, July 05, 2022, 11:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I'll make it relevant by saying this may help you and yours survive to enjoy driving your Shelby another day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pgxzPoxv4w

As an aside, perhaps the neurotic aspect of me has for a long time always scoped out restaurants, malls, grocery stores for possible exits and a survival strategy in case such a situation occurred.  At Chik Fil A about two weeks ago, I directed a friend of mine to eat next to the exit door in case such a thing happened.  Tis a strange way to live, but seems ingrained in me.  It could happen anywhere at any time.

Flip side:  If you're packing, you are in better shape.  Me, I am still waiting on my FOID card.  I own no guns unfortunately.  So I have to run and hide.  Sad.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Here's an alternative when leaving your home....whoops not musket proof!
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

crossboss

Buy a gun. Learn to properly shoot, and handle it. I see your in Chicago? Buy a gun...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

Quote from: crossboss on July 05, 2022, 12:28:06 PM
Buy a gun. Learn to properly shoot, and handle it. I see your in Chicago? Buy a gun...
I need to follow up with the Illinois State Police on my FOID card application.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

67 GT350

I watched this guy last night. It was about survival of a break in.
RARE  Signature Delete

crossboss

Quote from: deathsled on July 05, 2022, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: crossboss on July 05, 2022, 12:28:06 PM
I need to follow up with the Illinois State Police on my FOID card application.

Why? Criminals don't wait on anything. By the time you are approved, you will be 90 years old. Drive to a different county and buy your gun. Chicago is like NYC, a rathole mess. Arm yourself before its too late. My personal safety, and my family are more important. Glad I live in an open carry, buy a gun, pass the background check, and walk out the door state. NO permits required.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

pbf777

"How to survive an active shooter"

The only way, unless you can run faster than a speeding bullet, is to shoot them first!   ::)

Scott.

crossboss

Quote from: pbf777 on July 05, 2022, 06:44:48 PM
      "How to survive an active shooter"

The only way, unless you can run faster than a speeding bullet, is to shoot them first!   ::)

Scott.

This is why us Scott's agree on everything!
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30