Author Topic: 289 Cobra found in GA  (Read 5271 times)

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
289 Cobra found in GA
« on: May 29, 2018, 10:59:35 PM »

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 289 Cobra found in GA
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 03:39:41 AM »
Wow, really interesting find.  Unclear on the reason why they do not want the CSX number revealed.

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 05:24:36 AM »
Thanks for posting.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

gjz30075

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 05:59:54 AM »
Interesting!   They mentioned it was purchased by a Ford Dealer.   Jackie Jones, maybe?
Greg Z
6S2249

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 09:47:21 AM »
Interesting!   They mentioned it was purchased by a Ford Dealer.   Jackie Jones, maybe?

That would be my guess  :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Dkutz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 10:48:16 AM »
the body is a mess!  do you fix what is left?  Is it fixable?  Or do you order a kirkham body?

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 11:23:14 AM »
the body is a mess!  do you fix what is left?  Is it fixable?  Or do you order a kirkham body?

It will roll out a mess and appear again as a shiny new penny, fully restored using all its original parts  ::).  In all seriousness, these cars are pretty simple in design and this one doesn't appear to be that bad in terms of a rusted frame, just damaged.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:24:47 AM by Greg »
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 12:31:47 PM »
Wow, really interesting find.  Unclear on the reason why they do not want the CSX number revealed.

I would suspect that the ownership history may be somewhat incomplete, to the point of perhaps concern over whom may posses true title? :o

And, not to hijack the thread but, perhaps a dozen or so years ago, a person, someone I was not familiar with, came into our shop and stated that he was a loader operator participating in the widening project of Old Winter Garden Rd. here in Orlando, Florida, and had found a car. He described that in the process of demolishing an old wooden garage (his first pass with the loader took the entire front off the building) that he had uncovered a sports car of some sort stored within. He had somehow missed completely crushing the car, and upon realizing its' presents, notified his foreman, who told him, if you want it, pull it out of the way, and finish the job of clearing the debris.

The person was obviously not a "car-guy" and knew nothing of what he now claimed to posses, but he obviously felt that it may be of some value, and was very cautious about revealing to much information in his desire to establish its' merit. His description was of an old two seat, convertible, sports car, made of aluminum, and he presented on a piece of paper the partial V.I.N. starting off with CSX and stating that perhaps there were some other numbers but he claimed he couldn't read them, but nothing more. I attempted to pressure him for more information but, he became nervous, backed off, and stated he would return with more information latter, never saw him again.

Does any of this story connect with anyone, of a "found" vehicle from Florida in this forum?   ???

The real pisser, is that I used to eat lunch at Charlies' Pool Room on Old Winter Garden Rd. several days a week for years (Mary Cardin cooked the best burgers ever, you just had to eat em before the grease started to congeal!), and knew of the locked-up, over-grown, barn-doored garage described, only a block or so away!   :'(

Scott.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 02:58:31 PM by pbf777 »

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 12:41:06 PM »
Thanks for posting, very interesting.

sg66

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 07:34:05 PM »
CSX 2136 at SAAC 10 was worse http://www.saacforum.com/gallery/224-300518192805.jpeg

By the way, what is the trick to posting images in a thread on this new site?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:29:46 PM by sg66 »

Dkutz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 08:24:32 PM »

You have to post them to your gallery first, then copy the link from there

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 08:25:30 PM »
Copy and paste the "BB Code" below the picture into your reply.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 08:38:15 PM »
I tried that. Pics wouldn't load into my gallery either. I think Disher sabotaged it so that he gets everyones pics to post?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 09:09:36 PM »

CSX 2136 at SAAC 10 was worse http://www.saacforum.com/gallery/224-300518192805.jpeg

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 09:30:35 AM »
See where the YouTube video has been removed?