News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

oil pressure gauge

Started by 1968shelbygt350h, May 29, 2018, 11:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968shelbygt350h

my oil pressure gauge is pegging any recommendation on any source familiar with these gauges

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 1968shelbygt350h on May 29, 2018, 11:39:30 PM
my oil pressure gauge is pegging any recommendation on any source familiar with these gauges
It may be the result of a bad sender or the sender wire grounding out somewhere. More times then not if the gauge is bad it will not read at all.  Disconnect the sender wire at the sender then turn the key . If it pegs then the sender wire is most likely grounding out somewhere. If it doesn't peg or move at all then more likely the sender went bad. I don't know about others but I get 75.00 for NOS SW senders. Click on my name and PM me if you go that route and are interested.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

The Stewart Warner gauges are not particularly accurate. You should check the wiring and sensor, but dont spend too much time on it.

1968shelbygt350h

1 side is ign and 1 side is sender wire and when I only connect the ign wire then ground the body on gauge with no sender wire connected it pegs