News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

GT350 Oil pressure gauge wire splicing/connections in engine bay

Started by CharlesTurner, May 30, 2018, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

Checking if there are variances in how the oil pressure wiring is installed on a mid-production '68 GT350 (April)? 

Thanks
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Coralsnake

I dont think there are variances in the oil gauge wire splicing, but there are differences in the intake gauge feeds for small block cars. Some very early feeds have a jacketed wiring, the later ones do not

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Coralsnake

CharlesTurner

Is the big block wiring different than small block?  I have an original harness that there is no splice, the wire from the gauge goes all the way to the sending unit.  It has an eyelet opening, not push-on.  The repro harness on the car also has a single wire, but with a push-on 90 degree end.  The original Mustang wire harness has the oil sender just taped back.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

KR500

Quote from: caspian65 on June 17, 2018, 01:17:35 PM
Is the big block wiring different than small block?  I have an original harness that there is no splice, the wire from the gauge goes all the way to the sending unit.  It has an eyelet opening, not push-on.  The repro harness on the car also has a single wire, but with a push-on 90 degree end.  The original Mustang wire harness has the oil sender just taped back.
Charles
Yes different big vs. small block. Big block spliced with push on, small block 1 new uncut wire with eyelet.
Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267