News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Wanted - 1967 passenger side lower scoop

Started by jswoody, May 31, 2018, 07:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jswoody

I am looking at potentially replacing the passenger side lower scoop on my project prior to assembly.  Just checking to see if there are any available and determine if replacement is any easier than fixing the original.  Thank you for any help.

roddster

In my experience, it is better to fix what the car was built with.  I almost replaced one lower scoop on #0036, then decided to glass it back together.  (I bumped the garage door opening)  Seems the very early cars have a different (inside) scoop.  This would have made a difference later out on the show field.  Not sure what you have but if possible fix it

jswoody

Quote from: roddster on May 31, 2018, 11:57:03 PM
  In my experience, it is better to fix what the car was built with.  I almost replaced one lower scoop on #0036, then decided to glass it back together.  (I bumped the garage door opening)  Seems the very early cars have a different (inside) scoop.  This would have made a difference later out on the show field.  Not sure what you have but if possible fix it

I agree, and the scoop itself is in good condition with the exception the internal hardware/bolts are were removed during a previous repair.  I am not sure were to find something which will look correct or if I am overthinking this at all.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you, and I agree.  I would like to keep the original scoop to the car.