News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT350 # 2213 in Louisiana garage - VIDEO

Started by silverton_ford, May 31, 2018, 11:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

1967 GT350 in Louisiana garage video.

- https://youtu.be/qskdiDaW5QQ

Richstang

Amazing find..one of the four factory supercharged GT350s.

The owner was a nice lady in a tough spot. Glad to see everyone there helping get the car out of the garage was very respectable.
Would be great to see a follow up when the car is completed...hopefully they will be able to take her for a ride in it.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

SHELB66

That was great to watch!  Thanks for posting the link.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

6s2020

Brought a tear to my eye, great Lady, great car, another one going back on the road again. :)

BGlover67

Wow, what a huge project.  I hope all the important pieces are there.  Who is the guy who purchased it?  Is he on the forum here?

Also, do we know what car number this is?  I can't wait to see the finished car.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

acman63

Quote from: Richstang on May 31, 2018, 12:47:03 PM
Amazing find..one of the four factory supercharged GT350s.

The owner was a nice lady in a tough spot. Glad to see everyone there helping get the car out of the garage was very respectable.
Would be great to see a follow up when the car is completed...hopefully they will be able to take her for a ride in it.

Isnt there 35 Factory cars and 4 dealer add on blower cars?
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Sixx7shelby

There is no cut out for a Paxton air cleaner intake in radiator support. They show 2 invoices, one voided with supercharger... and one without the Paxton option. I would say it was not a Paxton car.
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

69mach351w

8:07.....Shane shows invoice where the supercharger was voided ::)

BGlover67

It's not a factory Paxton car, but still very cool.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

KShane

The car is #2213 and unfortunately it never got its Paxton. The registry list it as a factory paxton car and so does the Marti Report. The 10 years that I knew about the car before I bought it I thought it was a factory Paxton car. The car was diverted to fill another order while it was waiting to have the Paxton installed. I found this information out the day before I bought the car, however the lack of a hole in the radiator support was raised many questions. The Marti Report list it as 1 of the 35 Paxton cars. I would like to know how many Cars actually had the Paxton installed. On a positive note the car did come with the complete Paxton supercharger setup in the box.

silverton_ford

Quote from: KShane on May 31, 2018, 09:47:29 PM
The car is #2213 and unfortunately it never got its Paxton. The registry list it as a factory paxton car and so does the Marti Report. The 10 years that I knew about the car before I bought it I thought it was a factory Paxton car. The car was diverted to fill another order while it was waiting to have the Paxton installed. I found this information out the day before I bought the car, however the lack of a hole in the radiator support was raised many questions. The Marti Report list it as 1 of the 35 Paxton cars. I would like to know how many Cars actually had the Paxton installed. On a positive note the car did come with the complete Paxton supercharger setup in the box.

Congratulations!  Great car!  I hope you will keep us up to date on the progress.  Very cool!

BGlover67

Shane, thanks for sharing the Shelby number with us.  It sounds like the car went to the right person.  Someone who could undertake a full restoration like that.  I do hope you keep us informed as to progress of your restoration.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Sixx7shelby

I will have to check my in-house Paxton installation sheet for 2354, it lists the later installs done at the factory
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO