News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Where to look for my build sheet on my 70 GT500

Started by RPMRon, July 27, 2022, 01:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RPMRon

Later today I will search for my build sheet on my 1970 GT500 that I am selling.  Since it is a low mileage car with all original interior and never wrecked I should be able to find it.  Besides under the drivers seat carpet area where else should I look for it?? Should I pull up the rear seat?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

capecodmustang.com

Under the front driver seat area...

I've found 10-11 there

J_Speegle

For your make and year check under all of the carpet underlayment, back side of the both door panels  and since you have the seats out check between the burlap and springs on the seats for good measure

If its really stained I got a method for cleaning that you'll see out there or can aim you to an article that will improve them allot in most cases
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

cob428

I found mine 1969 GT 500 3rd owner, underside of the carpet underlayment.

Pete

Royce Peterson

This is a Dearborn '68 - found one under the trunk mat on the gas tank and two others under the insulation on the floor along with three inspection sheets.

Bottom line the build sheet could be anywhere or nowhere.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

RPMRon

I found it last night!!  Under the carpet underlayment under the rear seat on drivers side...I also pulled the drivers seat since I've read that some cars had more than one...nothing under the drivers seat...should I check under the pass. front seat area? thanks for the replies. A few pics attached.

RPMRon

Quote from: J_Speegle on July 27, 2022, 01:57:03 PM
For your make and year check under all of the carpet underlayment, back side of the both door panels  and since you have the seats out check between the burlap and springs on the seats for good measure

If its really stained I got a method for cleaning that you'll see out there or can aim you to an article that will improve them allot in most cases

Jeff, yes I am interested...thanks

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

68stangcjfb

Great that you found it. I had to have Marti make one for my car.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special