News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

FS:1965 K Code Fastback-PRICE DROP TO $69K

Started by Brad Griffith, August 09, 2022, 10:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Griffith

Ad up now on Hemmings as of 10/2. Never advertised before other than here on SAAC. Selling my 1965 K Code Fastback GT. Solid, San Jose car, always in California (until last year in TX), so NO rust. I have photographed the undercarriage, and it is painted black, but lots of orange oxide underneath. Appears all original. Perfect pinch welds on both sides. Very nice example. Not a survivor, etc, but a solid, sorted, terrific car to drive. Everything I can think of works. Factory color is Silver Mist, which is a great color in my opinion. Black interior, which is a color change from original red. Previous owners added a correct 4 point roll bar and 1966 Shelby Quarter windows. Job was well done. Has a T5 5 speed, Currie rear axles with larger rear drums as in the original GT350's. 9" rear end of course, 3.50 gears, which mate perfectly with the 5 speed. I always liked 3.89's with a top loader, but the first gear ratio on a T5 is lower, so this is perfect. VERY fresh K code engine, with Edelbrock aluminum heads, 715 Le Mans Holley, Comp cams Hydraulic camshaft and high quality Cobra reproduction aluminum intake (Not made in China, but a Blue Thunder version). I wish it had my favorite Comp Cams 271S camshaft, as those will pull to 7k rpms if the rest is done properly. This engine and cam combination is very strong down low, and pulls hard to 6K RPM's. Erson aluminum rockers. Cobra oil pan, correct dual point distributor with Petronix guts and a yellow top coil. 1" Shelby drop has been done, and it has the Standard GT-350 quick ratio pitman and idler, front disks. Correct style Monte Carlo bar, Ford export brace, and reinforcing plate for export brace is welded on the cowl. Front crossmember is very heavy duty, and has an integrated jack pad. The Undercarriage is unbelievably tidy: spin tech mufflers, new driveshaft for T5, and sub frame connectors from Global West Suspension. Painted black, underneath, but you can see red oxide poking through in many places. Great pinch welds on both sides. Trunk mounted battery. 1965 Shelby style tachometer and oil pressure pod on dash. Runs very strong. 14" 1966 style Shelby 10 spokes with fresh tires. New Maier springs in rear, and 600 pound springs in front. The undercarriage is unbelievably clean and tidy. Clutch is fresh. More pics soon, and if you have genuine interest, please call. $75k. I will answer all questions as honestly as possible, tell you what I know, and what I do not. Absolutely 100% complete and full disclosure. Also, what I would personally do with the car if I were to retain it (Hint, not much! :)) Price firm. Thanks for your interest. Brad@ 214.507.9441 Please call, do not text. Or you can DM me, or email me at griffbl@me.com
Brad

1965 K code Fastback GT
1972 Mach 1 (My actual first car from High School!)
2014 F150
2017 F150