News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Did some 1968 GT500KR have standard black vinyl interior and not comfortweave?

Started by BlackCobraKR, August 04, 2022, 09:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCobraKR

Did all 1968 Shelby GT500KR have the comfortweave interior or did quite a few come with the standard vinyl interior?

KR Convertible

Coralsnake

A KR fastback could have either smooth vinyl or comfortweave  (see below)

Coralsnake

Upon further review, I should clarify my previous statement. Technically, while my previous answer was correct....

I believe all KR fastbacks with BLACK interiors received the comfort weave seats.  If you had a KR fastback with a SADDLE interior then it would have the kiwi seats.

As stated above all the convertibles had the smooth, kiwi seats regardless of color.  I don't see any KR fastbacks with black, smooth, kiwi seats

All interiors were deluxe

BlackCobraKR

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 04, 2022, 06:52:54 PM
Upon further review, I should clarify my previous statement. Technically, while my previous answer was correct....

I believe all KR fastbacks with BLACK interiors received the comfort weave seats.  If you had a KR fastback with a SADDLE interior then it would have the kiwi seats.

As stated above all the convertibles had the smooth, kiwi seats regardless of color.  I don't see any KR fastbacks with black, smooth, kiwi seats

All interiors were deluxe

Just to make sure that I understand. Are you saying that a 68 500KR fastback with black interior COULD have came with standard vinyl interior but none were ordered that way....or are you saying that if they were ordered with black interior the only choice was comfortweave?

Coralsnake

These are how the KR fastbacks were built

1) Saddle/kiwi (smooth) /deluxe or

2) Black/ comfort weave /deluxe.

No other combinations were available