News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

NOT related to cars...

Started by 67 GT350, August 11, 2022, 01:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

I just want to know if anybody is into vintage and high end stereo equipment? I have been into stereo things since 1977 and have collected much over they years.
I had the pleasure of working at a place called Audio Classics in Binghamton, home of McIntosh Labs. Thus I have a nice collection, to which I am finding myself ready to part with a few things.
I started to put things on ebay and the best I can say is that ebay has gotten "strange" also I wonder with their discount shipping, many of my units have green damaged in shipping. Or that is the game people play now.
I am just wondering if any of fellow car guys might be into this stuff?
This is a "just asking" post, just trying to find out.
RARE  Signature Delete

Jim Herrud

I tend to keep my stuff a while.

I purchased my first decent stereo gear in 1974. I paid $25 for a used & non-working Marantz 1060 Amplifier. Some quick work with a soldering gun and I was in business.

I've used this amp continuously since then. It has needed only contact cleaning & some new caps and tubes. It's been downgraded to my garage stereo, but still rockin' after nearly 50 years.

My in-house system consists of an Adcom amp and receiver driving Bang and Olufsen Beolab Tower speakers along with some vintage Bose 601s.

Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

pbf777

I have the 4-channel 8-track stereo system the family bought in the early '70's still playing everyday in our shop.   8)

Scott.

FL SAAC

Did anyone say "Quadraphonic" groovy baby
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Got an 8 track car deck and home recording deck,plus lots o tapes...

Lincoln tech

Kenwood KR-920 in my garage still sounds great .