Author Topic: Jim Farley's vision for killing Ford  (Read 3138 times)

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
Re: Jim Farley's vision for killing Ford
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2022, 08:02:30 AM »
I only have been driving Explorers but try to rent an Escape when traveling.  Last one was a 2020 and liked everything about the spirited four cylnder.  Only con was the rear hatch door that swings sideways rather lifting up. 8)
       You didn't drive an Escape , You drove a Ecosport  ;)

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2022, 01:40:40 PM »
Good to know. I hear that the Escapes can and do run for 200K and more miles. Very reliable cars.

How are the new ones. Daughter is looking for a new car for the dogs.  8)
[/quote]

'New' Escapes have no data on long term reliability. Why? Because they are new. Personally, I'd buy a used one with good history, and low miles. Stay away from the years mentioned. Also, run away from the Hybirds with higher miles, and older versions...the batteries/electric drives are 'rated' for only 8 years.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 01:42:23 PM by crossboss »
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2022, 01:53:50 PM »
Im seriously considering this very nice 2012 Escape:

Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2022, 04:50:26 PM »
  Looks good , how many miles , owners , 4 or v6 , fwd or awd

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2022, 06:52:55 PM »
  Looks good , how many miles , owners , 4 or v6 , fwd or awd

V-6, FWD, one owner, 117K miles. California car. Never any accidents. Clean history since new.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 06:57:45 PM by crossboss »
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2022, 07:08:23 PM »

V-6, FWD, one owner, 117K miles. California car. Never any accidents. Clean history since new.

I like the one owner option , looks clean if the price is right go for it , and good luck with it  8)   ( Check for leaking oil pan common on those )

Scode67FB

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2022, 04:29:42 AM »
I find it a little odd that this subject took so long to get posted here. I first read about his idea back in Nov. 2021. Not sure if it was around any earlier.
https://www.powernationtv.com/post/ford-looking-to-move-away-from-crowded-dealerships-towards-online-ordering?utm_source=drip&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Ford+Looking+To+Move+Away+From+Crowded+Dealerships%252C+Towards+Online+Ordering

I agree the whole idea sucks. I like being able to special order a vehicle. I've done that a few times. But just like the whole electric vehicle deal, it should be an option, not the law. Viewing a car on a computer screen is not the same as seeing it in person. I'll never buy a car that I can't test drive first, and putting a bunch of people out of work is never a good thing.

On a side note, I received an E-mail yesterday from the dealer where I bought my 2020 F150 Super Crew saying that they're now taking orders for 2023s and promised NO dealer markups.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 04:39:14 AM by Scode67FB »

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2022, 08:08:02 AM »

On a side note, I received an E-mail yesterday from the dealer where I bought my 2020 F150 Super Crew saying that they're now taking orders for 2023s and promised NO dealer markups.
Once you order and lock the price you agreed on they can't mark it up , if you don't take delivery when it comes in they can put it on the lot and do whatever they want. Sounds like he wants your F-150 as a trade,Smart guy  ;)                               

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2022, 06:52:32 PM »

I like the one owner option , looks clean if the price is right go for it , and good luck with it  8)   ( Check for leaking oil pan common on those )

That deal fell out...
However, I found a much better one...the family is selling their mother's Escape because she recently passed away. 77K miles, California car, VERY clean! Similar color combo, silver with two tone grey interior.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:55:07 PM by crossboss »
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2022, 07:29:18 PM »

There you go , and i like the mileage better too .                                                                               
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:21:08 PM by Lincoln tech »

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2022, 08:57:44 PM »

The only issue is price...they are way over top Blue Book...
Actually, it won't sell even close to ask. I can wait.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Lincoln tech

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2022, 08:46:31 AM »

Market markup  ;) Just drove by a large Honda dealer here in Philly , their lot is Empty all they have is few old vehicles in the front line  ??? so it's not just Ford , my daughter keeps getting massages from a Dodge dealer where she bought her car=== they want her 2020 Charger back  :o

crossboss

• ^My Current Project^
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2022, 12:17:56 PM »

Market markup  ;) Just drove by a large Honda dealer here in Philly , their lot is Empty all they have is few old vehicles in the front line  ??? so it's not just Ford , my daughter keeps getting massages from a Dodge dealer where she bought her car=== they want her 2020 Charger back  :o

Yep. I see alot of cars just sitting, new, used, and private party. These sellers 'think' they are doing us a favor with the high pricing. Nope, like I said, I can wait.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30