Author Topic: Paxton Supercharger hurts or help value of the car  (Read 6903 times)

1969shelbygt350

• View Profile
Paxton Supercharger hurts or help value of the car
« on: June 01, 2018, 10:27:14 PM »
None factory installed
Paxton supercharger hurts or help
Value of the car?

Thx. In advance

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
Re: Paxton Supercharger hurts or help value of the car
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 05:49:26 AM »
I think depends on buyer.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 07:13:15 AM »
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 08:29:53 AM »
The explanation is merely this.
Assuming we are talking non factory SC car.

A.  Were a potential buyer looking for a car that they don’t want to fiddle with. Or don’t want to have to take off the Paxton based on whatever their personal preferences are,....then they might pass. Or might want to pay less.  They might feel it’s too much work to remove or maintain etc regardless of whether it “is” or isn’t.
     Perhaps one is buying a concours car then not correct and then same as above.

B.  For certain buyers it’s fun and a bonus or a neutral.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 02:34:18 PM »
It is a bonus once the potential buyer takes a test drive and pushes the right foot down.  8)

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 11:11:17 AM »
It would be a bonus for most of us especially if it was period correct pieces. Something like dating a SUPER model is stats like 36.24.36 a bad thing? To most its not a problem but to some they love the 300lbs of fun or possibly the 79lbs skinny minney. Good thing there is something for everyone

Dizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 07:57:19 PM »
It is a bonus once the potential buyer takes a test drive and pushes the right foot down.  8)

Some like riding in the right lane,others prefer DRIVING in the left ;D

Sixx7shelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 09:20:56 PM »

Some like riding in the right lane,others prefer DRIVING in the left ;D

+1

Set up right they are a blast, period correct looking Paxton to me is no different than a set of headers on a 67-70 that you do actually drive!
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 12:57:23 AM »
I think depends on buyer.
+1 and what the buyers expectations are. Some buyers will want the extra house power that the supercharger gives and don't mind the modification. Other buyers are more concerned about maintaining it the way it was originally delivered from the dealer when new and look at the mod in terms of how much to change back to stock.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
NO brainer to take it off and go bone stock again, so NOT a modified or devalued car.
Most guys have sense when adding one, and keep the stock parts.

Power and WOW factor .
True vintage sets and gauges, >>> good luck finding someone that will part with one.
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 11:24:59 AM »
  When it's YOUR car do what you want. 10 spokes on a '68 is a perfect example, lots of cars have them, almost none had them from day one. Any change you make can be undone. All "I" would do is minimize the holes drilled "if" I took it off later. If you want "bolt on power" that's the ticket.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 09:30:16 PM »
True about everything being able to go back to stock unless you do a radiator support cutout hole for the filter  can.  Using a cone open filter without the filter canister can avoid the problem. 

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 07:09:17 PM »
I do not think they all had units installed with the air cleaner inlet cut into the support.
Think I have some 1960's pictures, Shelby,  where they simply turned the air cleaner down and ran horizontal with the support towards the frame. Fit well.

Either way, there are only a few tricks one can do for the WOW factor and performance, Webers, Dual fours, supercharges, Hillborn , there are a few others I think.
Like gt350R said, be selective with holes.

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2018, 08:55:23 AM »
Well I did once go look at a 69 “Shelby” for sale with a Paxton in 82...Ended up  being a 69 sportsroof ...Guy assured me they didn’t actually make a Shelby in 69..Corrected him by showing him the 69 section in the old SAAC buyers guide..Then he asked me if his price of I think 5k was reasonable(which at the time was like a high Mach 1 price).I advised him “yeah probably to the right guy”(not me I was holding out for a real Shelby)..I guess my  point is,some advice is timeless.... ;D

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 05:41:06 PM »
If said Shelby came from the maker with a Paxton in place; if it was delivered with one on it and there is docu proof, then I would say the cars value should get a + % on the final value over the same year and model that did not. There are quite rare and cars that were delivered with them, should have a premium attached to the value of the car. I'd take one over the same model that didn't have one. Not everyone wants rare items on their cars.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!