Author Topic: Paxton Supercharger hurts or help value of the car  (Read 6905 times)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Paxton Supercharger hurts or help value of the car
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 10:18:46 PM »
I do not think they all had units installed with the air cleaner inlet cut into the support.
Think I have some 1960's pictures, Shelby,  where they simply turned the air cleaner down and ran horizontal with the support towards the frame. Fit well.

Either way, there are only a few tricks one can do for the WOW factor and performance, Webers, Dual fours, supercharges, Hillborn , there are a few others I think.
Like gt350R said, be selective with holes.
No not all had the hole in the radiator support just typically 65,66 and 67 models 68 and 69 when installed were typically mounted up.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 11:11:19 PM »
Does anyone have pics of the different mounting/routing styles or whatever?
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2018, 09:37:16 AM »
snakebit,
I had help posting the large and small air cleaner pictures, fomoco stamped filters, short and long shaft blowers, colors of blowers, belts, twin Paxton original pictures, small block cobra installation with alum tubing in part, 3 variations of Blower carb chambers, original Paxton gauges and more.
All was lost when the site crashed. Never did have pics of the fuel pumps though, others had posted those though.
Respectfully submitted,
John

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:39:11 AM by Harris Speedster »
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

SNAKEBIT

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2018, 12:29:25 PM »
Ok, thanks. Maybe someone who has studied these, will post some pics of them and which ones were offered in which years, etc. Appreciate it.
Waitin' for the day I get my first '70 Shelby convertible!

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
Re: Paxton Supercharger carb bonnet, COBRA and Shelby Big Block
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2019, 09:17:20 AM »
Guys,
I ran into an old boy, geez, guess I am in that group >>>> that has what appears to be a correct carb bonnet top for the twin supercharged BB Cobra, single super charged BB cobra, and a shelby BB.

They are quite unique.
I lost my pictures of the Cobra twin paxton car in a computer crash last week, but I believe they were posted herein saac.
tried searching, but turns into a nightmare for search.

Does anybody have one of the pics from the post, or an """ original picture  "  of Cosby's twin paxton Cobra.
If this needs to be in appeals, will move it.

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7