News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 Air Conditioning Conderser

Started by shelbydoug, August 12, 2022, 05:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Was the condenser as factory installed painted black or was it left natural aluminum as manufactured finish?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

shelbydoug

Thank you.

The original part number should be ink stamped on it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

J_Speegle

Quote from: shelbydoug on August 12, 2022, 07:09:32 PM
Thank you.

Don't recall or have any examples with any ink or paper labels on one. Driers had a uncoated paper label with the part number and arrow for flow direction and a stamped/added date stamp applied over the preprinted label. They often did not hold up well exposed to the elements behind the grill
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on August 12, 2022, 07:50:00 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on August 12, 2022, 07:09:32 PM
Thank you.

Don't recall or have any examples with any ink or paper labels on one. Driers had a uncoated paper label with the part number and arrow for flow direction and a stamped/added date stamp applied over the preprinted label. They often did not hold up well exposed to the elements behind the grill
+1 not typically a ink stamp on the condenser.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

lockfish

The drier on my '68 GT500 has a paper label with part number C60Z-19959-B (see attached picture), but no apparent date code.  Is this part number correct for '68?  If so, where can I get it refurbished.  Thanks

68blk500c

My 500 did have an ink stamping, which was saved.  I will find a picture and post.

White ink stamping on the top surface (when mounted) near the RH corner, oriented to be read from engine compartment.  Pretty obvious it is a date.  Is visible from the grill area with hood open.

68blk500c

The paper label on the dryer tank should be C7ZA-B, with date stamp. 

J_Speegle

Quote from: lockfish on December 06, 2022, 01:40:53 PM
The drier on my '68 GT500 has a paper label with part number C60Z-19959-B (see attached picture), but no apparent date code.  Is this part number correct for '68?  If so, where can I get it refurbished.  Thanks

Interesting label. Don't recall ever seeing one with a black boarder around the outer edges.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

68blk500c

Jeff:

None of the reproduction labels available at the time of our restoration were deemed to be factory correct, based upon my research of 1968 Metuchen original cars.  You have done an enormous amount of research on many original details, so I am open to input.

Respectfully, Don

68blk500c

Despite the picture quality due to location of the label, there is NOT a black margin around the label.  Trust me, Jeff.

Bob Gaines

Don,Jeff post refers to the picture Lockfish posted not yours. Look at the quote in Jeffs post that he was replying too. Easy mistake to make.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: 68blk500c on December 06, 2022, 03:26:22 PM
Despite the picture quality due to location of the label, there is NOT a black margin around the label.  Trust me, Jeff.

Picture I was referring to. That is what I felt was unusual or different from  the ones we typically see without that detail

lockfish

Thanks for the feedback.  Now the question is, where can I find a correct drier replacement or get the one I have reconditioned?  Also, I would like to know if anyone reproduces the manufacturer tags for AC compressors.  Thanks again.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: lockfish on December 06, 2022, 05:32:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback.  Now the question is, where can I find a correct drier replacement or get the one I have reconditioned?  Also, I would like to know if anyone reproduces the manufacturer tags for AC compressors.  Thanks again.
Only service replacement style dryer that is different then assemblyline is available new. You can get your dryer rebuilt if the core is good . Rebuilding is a hefty sum compared to the service replacement . It just depends on your expectations. ECS makes the dryer stickers. triangle compressor tags are reproed but the rectangular ID plates for the compressor are hard to get.