News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Non-matching confirmed but now what

Started by Hey_jude, June 02, 2018, 02:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey_jude

Today I located and took a pic of the engine serial number. I was almost certain the engine was non-original to the car and the pic confirmed it. The pic shows 8P*127875. With the starter on the car I can't see the block info but there is no build stamp above the fuel pump. So what can I glean from this number, anything?

Follower of Jesus, Grateful Caretaker of #2196 and amateur car photographer.

J_Speegle

Engine block originally came out of a 1968 Ford vehicle built at Twin Cities assembly plant and it was assigned the sequential number of 127875
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Hey_jude

Thank you. I just couldn't figure out what the P stood for. Is it strange it doesn't have an engine assembled date?

J_Speegle

Quote from: Hey_jude on June 02, 2018, 06:31:36 PM
Thank you. I just couldn't figure out what the P stood for. Is it strange it doesn't have an engine assembled date?

If its been rebuilt and "decked" during that process the stamping would have been removed in many cases
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Hey_jude

OldMil

I think I can see a leg on that "P" making it an R...anyone else see this?

J_Speegle

Quote from: OldMil on June 02, 2018, 08:08:00 PM

If it were an "R" IMHO the far right part of the P would not be so deep or the bottom leg not so deep. Instead the upper left is light suggesting that the lower right made contact first and would be struck deeper and the bottom right of the R more visible since it was a single die used for the stamping task

Just my take away from the picture provided

Bill

Quote from: OldMil on June 02, 2018, 08:08:00 PM

Played around with the picture in photoshop and while I can see it in the shot above, it is actually stamped "P" and not "R", the light and smudges of the original shot playing tricks on our eyes.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Hey_jude

I do enjoy it as much as possible. Thinking of taking my little girl for her first ride in it tonight! She's two. Thank y'all very much.

First trip a success!

SBCARGUY

I agree with BigFoot...

Just enjoy it :)