News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

GT350 Track Video (High Plains Raceway)

Started by frank.herbst, June 04, 2018, 06:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank.herbst

Growing up we got to drag race around northern VA and then raced the stockers at Old Dominion for 10 years. I never have been on a road course until a couple of weeks ago (Pueblo Motorsports Park). We went to High Plains Raceway (HPR) in Colorado on Saturday with the Denver Shelby Club and had a great time. Of the three, not speaking to one being easier over the other, road courses require more track memory. Blind drop offs and blind turns will get your attention if you're not careful. There were many different types of cars, Honda S2000, Lotus, Shelby (old and new), Porsche, Ferrari, Viper, Cobra Continuation, Corvette and other performance cars. Because of the slow tight turns some of the lower power light weight sports cars do pretty good. The GT350 is a blast to drive and helps fill in where lack of experience starts.

If you have a Shelby or performance car that is OK to take out on the track, I think you will have fun memories to take back home with you. The Denver Shelby Club has two more track days scheduled this summer.

Here is a video taken by my son on one of my early laps:

https://youtu.be/dlZ1-aKMFYo

Frank